Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Honor, Goes With The "Vets" Thread

Honor.....simply put,

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve – is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

-- Author Unknown

Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
There are many that is opposed to the Iraqi war. Everyone needs to remember that there has not been another domestic terrorist attack. And please do not dishonor the memory of our fallen soldiers. Everyone must also consider that the men and women of todays military are there by their choice. I salute them, for they have the courage to do something. I look around at the next generation and I am frightened. These young folks give me hope. And another thing, a big percentage reenlist knowing they will likely go back to Iraq. What is they see there that we are not allowed to see in our filtered media?
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trukdoc

There are many that is opposed to the Iraqi war. Everyone needs to remember that there has not been another domestic terrorist attack. And please do not dishonor the memory of our fallen soldiers. Everyone must also consider that the men and women of today's military are there by their choice. I salute them, for they have the courage to do something. I look around at the next generation and I am frightened. These young folks give me hope. And another thing, a big percentage reenlist knowing they will likely go back to Iraq. What is they see there that we are not allowed to see in our filtered media?
I couldn't agree more.
Don't want to sound harsh but let's not feel sorry for our troops overseas regardless of exactly where they are stationed. Combat situation or not. They knew what they were getting themselves into when they enlisted or re-inlisted. They enlisted because they wanted to protect our great nation at all costs. Even if it meant giving their lives in the process.
I was in the Army in the early 60's but not Vietnam. I had many many friends sent to 'Nam. Some returned unscathed and some didn't. Many of those that were lucky enough to return said they would return and some actually did return. WHY? Because they WANTED to defend the US and everything it stands for.
You may feel sorry for the GI should he/she get injured or killed but do not feel sorry because he's/she's over there. That's where they want to be.
You may also feel sorry for the family and friends that have folks
killed or injured over there but I'm sorry that is the toll we have to pay and everyone of our GI's know that and are willing to take that chance.
Ask any Veteran of any war if they would do it all over again. More often than not they will say "You bet I would".

PLEASE, SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Everyone ....well said!
My husband, Army, and son, Navy. Husband during VietNam. Son served 10 years in Navy.

Thank you! to all vets!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:18 AM   #5
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Well said Glen. I talked to a good friend of mine's son who went to Iraq. He come back and said what we see in the news and what is really happening is two different stories. The vast majority of the Iraqi people welcome us. When our troops stop in towns the people come out to shake the troops hands and hug them. Something to consider also and something that is very much taken for granted here is that most Iraqi people have never known freedom. And people here think that the process of Democracy will spring up overnight. Not going to happen.
Here is a video that says it all. Believe it or not Patton is not dead...lol
http://www.pefs.us/viewvideo.php?id=xyUX6wV1lBQ
Old 09-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Kinda sad this thread ended so quick.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
Iraq is like Vietnam, any similarity between what good happens (or happened) there and the truth is certainly not reported by the media. All we will hear is bad news.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 AM   #8
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Having spent my life in the U.S. Army I can honestly say that no Soldier, Airman, Sailor or Marine wants anyone to feel sorry for them, true, they are all volunteers and went straight forward to serve their country without hesitation, whether we like the war or not, many did not like WWII, Korea or Vietnam and these types of people will whine regardless of what our Military is doing. What the members of the Armed Forces want is the support of the people of the United States of America, as was said before they have signed and pledged an agreement to give their life if necessary for this country. Finally, there will always be brave young Americans who will stand up and be counted when we need them.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
When President Eisenhower sent me a personal telegram saying "Greetings", it was the first telegram that I ever got so I took it seriously and am now proud to be a veteran of the US Army. I am also proud of the military men and women that are defending us now. When I see them interviewed on FOX, I have faith that we are on the right track. What great young men and women they are. When I see snips on the other media, I wonder for a little and then go right back to FOX.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Don't feel sorry for the troops.....but keep them in your thoughts and say a little prayer for them....Mike (USAF RET)
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RailroadMike

Don't feel sorry for the troops.....but keep them in your thoughts and say a little prayer for them....Mike (USAF RET)
I second that! Retired USAF 1983-2003
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
It's too bad we don't have leaders like Patton anymore.....

Phil Ret USAF 1966-1986
Cathy Ret USAF 1968-1994
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 AM   #13
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Simple answer to that one. Our politicians spend to much energy being politically correct instead of getting the job done. And in the age of instant media when one of our leaders has the insight to act, some group is always there to criticize. Too often we as citizens do not question what we hear but form an opinion on the action and the leader before we even know the outcome. A perfect example of this raising minimum wage, fist reaction of nearly everyone is yes people need more money. When one realizes the outcome then the opinion is very different. Apathy is killing our great nation.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #14
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pparamore

It's too bad we don't have leaders like Patton anymore.....

Phil Ret USAF 1966-1986
Cathy Ret USAF 1968-1994
I can assure you Phil that we do indeed have leaders like Patton. I served in Korea, Vietnam twice and the middle east and met a Patton clone in each place. And I have read about more than one in Iraq with our brave troops over there, I know I am 70 years old but I would give anything to be over there with them.

Pete Porche U.S. Army 1953-1980
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #15
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
I actually met Lt. George S. Patton Jr. III. Maybe he has matured but at the time he was not a chip off the old block.