Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
router and phone card HELP

I put this in phone and internet help but got no replies. Please can I try it here?

We bought a router while we were in AZ last week. We could not get it to work. We have Sprint cell phones so we bought a Sprint card for the router. The signal was coming through and the computer showed a good strong signal but could not get on line. Took the router back and plan on buying another router here in CO so if it doesn't work we can take it back and exchange. What are we doing wrong???

I turned off the firewall and still didn't work. Router acted as if it was locked for us. Took the security code off and it still wouldn't let us access it. It was a D-Link router.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 AM   #2
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I don't have one of these but I am interested, so I've done some research on the setup, and operation of them.

Below are the Basic Setup instructions (I'm sure you have these, or something similar), as I understand it, "Step 2" is very important (that your EVDO card be "activated" prior to installing it in the router).

I just wanted to post these in case you had skipped a step, or failed to activate the EVDO card.

1. Hook the antenna to the router.

2. Connect your PCMCIA EVDO Card, or phone via USB cable. You need to have already activated your card or phone with your carrier first!

3. Connect the ethernet cable from Port 1 on the router to your computer. This is how you will configure the router on the initial setup.

4. Power the router up.

5. Open your web browser on your computer and go to the address the instructions tell you. You will be prompted to login as “admin”.

6. Run the “Wizard”.

7. Follow all the wizard instructions.

8. Finish, reboot the router, and get ready to start surfing the Internet. Oh, when doing all of this you should be somewhere that is covered by your Wireless network provider. That always helps!

Good Luck

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
thank you!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Got it solved. We now have a Linksy's router and works with the sprint card.
If anyone is interested it is model number WRT54G3G-ST.