Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Home Theater System

I'm back with another question, we just finished our week long "Break-In" and had a ball. A little wet up here in Wash. State but still enjoyed ourselfs, can't let a little rain ruin a great RV trip. Anyway, what's the overall feeling concerning the Home Theater System? I can't get my rear speakers working, I've checked the wiring and polority and not having the user manual isn't helping Tried to do some research but found nothing on our present Model # QR2000. Anyone find the golden key with these units? Thinking about just going out and starting from scrach and buy a new unit! Thoughts about that also would be welcomed.

Thanks
John Koerber

Koerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:07 AM   #2
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
I believe that you have to have the unit set on theater setting before the rear speakers will work. The manual will help you get your unit to this setting. Another thing you could do is check the rear speakers by using a working speaker lead. Pulling one wire you know works on the back of the unit then trying another wire in that spot. We have been in our 3400 around one month now and found that every speaker wire was in the wrong spot on the unit. I isolated each wire and then put it where it belonged it sounded much better until last weekend. Put my system in from my stick house but that is another story.....

Tom

Remember the.........
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #3
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
You could plug in one of the many many DVDs that have a surround sound test built in the features package. That way you could check out correct wiring of left and right speakers, etc.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #4
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
We also thought our rear speakers weren't working, but we finally figured out that on the remote is a "surround check" or "test" button that steps through all the speakers (I'm away from home and don't have access to the remote) with a test tone and you can raise or lower the dB level on each of them until you get the same "level" at where you are sitting. Once you're done you can push the test button again to quit. Then you can use the volume up and down to make it louder on all speakers evenly. Hope this helps.
av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:19 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
On the remote push the SURR button. I will switch from stereo (front) to PLII music or PLII theater. I was not able to "calibrate" the speakers as per the manual.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:53 AM   #6
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Thanks for all the quick replies, thought I had read somewhere about the "Test" mode button on the remote but the one I have doesn't have that option If anyone could direct me to a link concerning the Theater System (Model QR2000) or scan the info reguarding test mode and email me I would be greatful. Will try to find a DVD with the surround sound test in the meantime.

John K.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
There is a test mode, it is under the options menu. You can also use the remote to increase or decrease the input volume on each speaker. If you do a search, I posted the step by step directions on how to adjust the speakers for the QR2000 unit. Also, the new Bose Lifestyles system has the cubes that fit perfectly into the current speaker bracket area above the tv.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
You might check your a/b switch setting also.
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
Does anyone have a extra copy of the users manual for the QR2000 system or have them on computer so I can get a copy? One thing I have found out is the couple who had this rig before us didn't believe in paperwork and only left me with the generic manual for keystone units.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #10
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
In checking my folder, I never did receive a copy of the Quest Theater System booklet.

I've checked online and cannot find any reference to the Quest or Theater System or QR3000 or 2000.

Fortunately, I am not having any trouble with the system, but it would nice to have a booklet for it.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote