Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
JT Arm Strong

HI I finally got the steel tubing, to hook the rear arms on the JT Arm Strong Stabilizers. I installed, it took several hours and I let the Monty down one Inch below level and brought down the rear outrigger jacks and tighten the tee handle and then took the front eletric jacks up to level and bunped it up slightly. Still seems the Trailer shakes as we walk and even as the dog runs around. I don't seem to find it any better maybe I'm not setting it right. How do you all do yours? Thanks Randye

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Bring the Monty to almost level then lower rear stabilizers and just snug them. Then tighten the T handles and bump the legs to raise the Monty then tighten the the front T handles and bump legs to tighten them. I found if you raise everything to much you defeat the purpose.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
When set correctly, each strut should be under some stress, either tension or compression. When you think you have everything set up right, grab each strut and try to shake it. If any one moves or rattles, it is not right.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
There should of been instructions on how to set them.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
randye, remember they do not take the "Bounce" out as you are resting on air (tires). We felt they got rid of the sway when we had ours installed. This next winter I am going to get jack stands and install in front of and behind the wheels to help stabilize the whole thing. Some have installed screw jacks near the wheels so they can do this whenever they stop. This sounds like the best idea except for the weight.....I really have to watch mine. Maybe others don't.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
-Thanks for the imput, I have followed the instructions. The only other thing I can think of is the front landing leg, has the black bracket and mabe Idid't get it tight enough. I have four jacks that I use in front and behind the wheels, I haven't put them on yet, wanting to see what movement without them. I will now put them up and see what happens. randye
randye is offline   Reply With Quote