Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Checking the little things

After Rich posted about the bottoms of his dining chairs being of faulty construction, I had it on my list to check ours. Was at the rig over the weekend to start the prep work and was pleased to discover that our seat bottoms seem to be of fairly decent construction. Plenty of staples along each side centered on the wood that holds them and all looked good. Also had to swap out the drain hose on the Splendide washer since evidently during installation is had gotten crushed and was leaking. That was an ordeal, had to remove it from the cabinet then take the bottom and back panel off to swap out the hose. I could not wait to have it done under warranty since we need the washer next week in New Orleans. Splendide did ship the replacement hose at no charge so hopefully all is good now. We won't know until we get there since the rig is still winterized. Also used my Christmas gifts (Croftgate waterless products) to clean the majority of the rig and it is now considered worthy of being seen with. Still have a couple of final things to check prior to our 3 a.m. departure Saturday morning. DW and I both are looking forward to the trip to officially celebrate our 25th which was yesterday, but in the middle of the work week. We spent our evening with me tutoring statistics and US History to assist with homework and test taking in pursuit of her Master's Degree. The wait until Saturday is going to be rough!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is good on the chairs. Our staples were not centered on the wood on any of the chairs and pulled loose.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:03 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Bingo,
I put wood screws about 3 ins apart. What happened in our case was the storage was a little overfull and the pressure from sitting pushed the staples out.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:17 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

Bingo,
I put wood screws about 3 ins apart. What happened in our case was the storage was a little overfull and the pressure from sitting pushed the staples out.
Might consider that just as an extra measure, we don't keep much in them other than dish towels and other small items. Advantage of the increased storage space in the 3850 versus the previous 3750 I guess.
Bingo
Old 04-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hope your trip is wonderful beyond expectations. For the 25th you deserve it and with all you have going on it sounds like you need it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #6
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I sure hope y'all have fun! Congratulations on 25 years! 0300? Chickens don't even get up that early
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
X3 on using screws if you want the bottoms to stay where they're supposed to be.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
Bingo,
Enjoy being seen with your Monty now, because after being on the road and the time spent at Lake Pontchartrain RV Park you may not. There is a 7mph speed limit within the park, not for safety reasons, but not to stir the road dust up. Another thing you may not enjoy is the wake up alarm in the mornings. You'll hear the back up, beep beep, alarm and the squealing of the brakes coming from the fork truck across the canal putting boats in and taking them out of the water.

Colby's Game was our neighbor for a couple days. After leaving Texas and stopping off here for supplies and 1500gals of fuel, he was off to Connecticut via the Okeechobee and then up the East coast. Enjoy your stay, take in some tours. We enjoyed going on the Nachez and the Plantation and Swamp Tour
Samiterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Samiterry,
Hopefully our site will be a little more sheltered from the noise, but if not, we are early risers anyway. Did you happen to notice if there are boats docked at the two presidential sites that are across from the bar? Can't tell from any resources I have checked because the imagery is always a year or so old. We are definitely doing the Natchez dinner, a carriage ride, dinners, a gondola ride in the park, dinners, air boat swamp tour, and in case I forgot to mention dinners!!
Bingo
Old 04-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
The Presidential sites were just up a few sites from where we were. Didn't notice any boats docked there. Between your site and ours are a couple floating cabins. Don't know what bar you're referring to. As far as dinners, Landry's on Lake Shore Dr. was excellent, there's another in the French Quarter, but we didn't eat there. Blue Crab, not to far from there, was OK. Mothers Restaurant, which was just portrayed on last weeks NCIS, is just out of the French Quarter, was OK but kinda pricey for the food. All-in-all, New Orleans just wasn't our cup of tea. Didn't feel all that secure there. We're not much partiers anyway. Went there to say we've been there. Walked on Bourbon St. Didn't go there at night. Saw some things better left unsaid. Homeless and panhandlers all over. We were stopped at a red light and a beggar came up to the truck and said he would wash our truck or do anything for some change, I said make that light turn green.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We are in similar shoes, we will not be in the city after dark if we can help it, and have no interest in Bourbon Street, we were there years ago and were not impressed. The campground supposedly has (had) a bar that was directly across from the Presidential Sites. If it is no longer there, it will not bother us in the least. We are interested in the food and usually like to find the small shops that have unique items (looking online, it may be Magazine Street or it seems there were mellower streets parallel to Bourbon but a couple of blocks away. I was hoping to not look at a boat out our rear window, so it sounds like we may be fortunate. We will be daughter-less and pet-less for the week, so it has to be a good week!! LOL! Thanks for the update and the food report!
Bingo
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #12
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Bingo! Your wife and you have only began your journey. God finds are mates and the smart man sees it. Sue and I will be married 32 years in Nov. May your life together continue to be full of love and adventure! Never met you, but we have you in our thoughts and always in our prayers!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:40 AM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks Michael, we marvel at how we are more in love now than when we first met and we always gratefully accept prayers! I started including the entire MOC membership in prayer years ago! This will be our second time on a trip without the kids (first was about 22 years ago and ironically was also New Orleans). To say we are excited would be the understatement of the century. Oh and KOLCB, with regards to leaving before the chickens get up, we probably won't be able to sleep anyway, and that will allow for a one day commute and hopefully arrive there in the late afternoon. A long day, but one of the advantages of only being 29!!!
Bingo
Old 04-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #14
Samiterry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13257
Bingo, if I remember, I believe the office closes at 5 or 6 their time. That's gonna be quite a haul !
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Should take about 14 to 14 1/2 hours, with the hour time change, that should put us there around 4 or 4:30. Drive should be a pleasant one since there will be a distinct lack of arguing which typically originates from the rear seat area!!
Bingo
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
Congrats Bingo on 25 years! That is awesome. We just celebrated our 30th on the 7th. We went to Palm Springs, CA with the Monty and had a great time. Every place you go is great when you are with the one you love
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #17
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Here's best wishes for a great celebration of love and successful matrimony for two great people! You can help us celebrate our 49th, June 26.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote