Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #41
ldunning
Established Member

M.O.C. #5692
Orangewood RV
Surprise, AZ

Salesman - 7
Sales Manager - 1
Service - Can I use a negative number?

ldunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #42
ldunning
Established Member

M.O.C. #5692
RV Traders
Mesa, AZ

Sales - No experience
Service - 10 - Took care of the problems that the dealer I purchased from couldn't or wouldn't.
ldunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #43
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Happy Daze
Sacramento, CA

Not a Montana dealer. They sell Keystone Challenger and Everest models.

Service - 10 - Without prior experience they dealt with me in replacing the remote thermostat with the superior Comfort Control Center under warranty. Both Keystone and Dometic made the replacement difficult, but it's done! If you're in the same boat, ask for James Britten in the service department.

http://montanaadministrator.forumco....D=15185#135173

A class operation.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #44
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
Rollin-On RV
Scherervile, Indiana

Sales: 10 Great Price
Service: 10
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #45
spadasak
Established Member

M.O.C. #5904
Dealer:Meyers RV, Churchville, NY
Sales Rating: 0
Service Rating:5

Initial sales purchase setup over phone as dealer is 5 hours from my home. Trailer deal was fine and I love my 342pht Monty, but they didn't supply the hitch system I requested and paid for in advance and will not make good on the deal. Salesman indicated he gave me what I ordered, although I didn't feel it necessary at the time to document the phone conversation, not that it would of mattered. Although I must say the service department treated me well on my delivery and indicated they couldn't help me without the sales dept. paying for the new hitch. Lesson learned!!!
spadasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #46
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kimmrg

RV Connections
Sales: 9 in December of 2004, we changed our minds on the model we wanted in the middle of the sale and they barely flinched.
Warranty Service experience: 9 with several waranty items, we did have to go back twice to have the furnace fixed, but they stuck with us to figure it out and took one out of a model on the floor to fix it right there for us
Customer Service Staff: 9 especially as we purchased in FL and registered in home state of AK
Service Department Techs: 10 they are great!
Would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
I'm in total agreement with my wife on this one.

I really like their parts shop guys, (10,) as well. They have included small items I need, (like screws, etc.,) when I need them, when they mail the occasional part our way. And they actually know me when I may need to make a call in for anything!

The service staff told me how to get to "Dan Dee's Donuts" in Panama City, because I have a habit of plying the service folks with donuts when they're working on my rig. (In Goshen, it was Dunkin' Donuts for the factory service people.) I don't believe the donuts caused the especially great service. But it sure didn't hurt. And I always love to have "insurance."

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 AM   #47
NASCARon
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4082
Beckleys RV in Thurmont MD
Sales Experience 5 (they lied to me to make a sale)
Service Experience 10
Overall 7

God Bless
Ron, Tina & Sophie (The Mutt)
A Couple Saved by Grace
Full-timers starting June 2007

2001 Keystone Montana 3670RL
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT, D/A, DRW, CC
Jordan 2020 Ultima, Reese 16K Kwik-Slide
NASCARon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #48
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA
Sales Experience 10 (LaDonna is the owner) Best price found anywhere.
Delivered before delivery date, held 5R in their storage lot until I was ready to come pay for it and get it, (about 2 months)
Service is first rate: 10
Overall: 10

Robbie
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM   #49
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
American RV, Grand Rapids, MI Family owned and operated.

Sales - Not observed....service only.

Service ... 10

We are Full Timers...had a brake problems while towing. Chad (Service Mgr) got us an appointment on short notice. Got his most experienced tech on the job. Found some "suspect" wiring connections on the Dodge, and found no problems in the RV brakes themselves.

Did good work, got us in and out in a couple of hours and recommended no "extra" trouble shooting which would have cost us lots more money. Brakes worked fine after the Dodge repair. Towed 55 miles without problems that afternoon. Couldn't ask for better service.

PJ, Nan and Scooter
3655FL
'99 Dodge Diesel 2500, BD auto trans, pwr chip, Pac brake, Bielsen shocks, Banks Exhaust.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 AM   #50
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Southern RV, Richmond, VA
Sales= 10
Service= 10

We couldn't have been happier with the sales, service staff and owner. They have been helpful every time we've been there for anything!

2004 3575RL Country Blue
1994 Ford F350XLT turbo diesel 7.3 dually, 20k Hidden Hitch, Prodigy brake control, 5500 Onan
Hometown: Richmond, VA
e-mail BobandSheri@verizon.net
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #51
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
McClain’s RV Oklahoma City

Sales...6
Service 1
I can not reccomend them to anyone.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #52
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Dandy RV, Birmingham, AL.

Sales = 10
Service = 10 Like most dealers they have a lot of business, so you have to allow for turn around time, but the quality of work is great.

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Miss Ko-Ko (Chocolate Lab)
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

"Freedom Isn't Free....Support Our Troops
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #53
Shane01638
Established Member

M.O.C. #4613
RV Connections in Panama City, Florida

Sales...0 They will talk to someone else or pick up a phone in the middle of a conversation with you. Also, are the 2006 Montana's in the 75,000 to 80,000 dollar range? That's what they had listed for nearly all of them, the Cambridges were even more, one was over 100,000 dollars.

Service...-10 They have the worst service department I've ever dreamed of. I was hoping for a little accomodation since we are living in our unit (Letting me drop it off for a week to have work done while we went on our cruise) and they didn't want anything to do with me, like they weren't made to live in. After I went back and told them I filed a complaint with Keystone they told me to get out and I wasn't allowed to get service there. They are the only dealership within 150 miles. That guy is the only guy I have ever wanted to jump accross the desk and beat the living crap out of in my whole life. I would stay as far away from them as humanly possible.

Anchorage, AK
2005 Montana 3295RK Loaded with custom floor plan!
2005 Silverado LT CC D/A LB Loaded
25K Air Ride Hitch by Air Ride Technologies
Prodigy Brake Controller
Shane01638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 AM   #54
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Reed's Trailer Sales
Petaluma, CA

Sales- 1, could not get them to respond to our requests.

Service- 0, They keep the unit to long and do not do the repairs that are requested. Communication skills are less than poor.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:35 AM   #55
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We ditto Doug's rating on Reed's, Petaluma, CA.
Plus poor business practices.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #56
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dee's RV Center

Sales: 5 October of 2003 Significantly better price than other places after negotiation. Good friendly sales until wrote the check. Not one follow up or courtesy call.

Warranty Service experience: 0 No warranty item ever resolved - took days to get it looked at and minimal effort with poor workmanship. All items blamed on us. Ended up re-doing all myself.

Customer Service Staff: 0 None found.

Service Department Techs: 0 Dangerous - brake controller fell off dash on way home leaving 60' skid mark from Monty. Dealer installed alloy wheel fell off on maiden voyage from over-torque.

All service now done at Del Camino RV, Longmont, CO - plus any future purchases.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:53 AM   #57
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Jack Sisemore Traveland - Amarillo, Tx.

Sales - 10

Non Warranty Service - 10

Warranty Service - Unknown at this point.

The sales people were very helpfull but not pushy. The man we dealt with, poor guy, spent several hours showing us every trailer on the lot, some of them several times. He never acted like he was getting frustrated, and seemed to genuinely enjoy what he was doing.
The service manager, and techs were also very nice and went out of their way to get the hitch, and wiring done in a timely manner. When there were questions, they asked ME instead of making a judjement call. I have a couple of warranty items to get done next week. We'll see how well that goes.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #58
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Suncoast RV, Cocoa, Florida, sales 10, excellent, See Lou (LGM on the MOC).
Service, good so far, I had a problem when I first picked the unit up, (something keystone forgot), drove a few miles in a circle went back and they were out in a flash, kudo's to Chris in Service and Jeff in the body shop. I hope they continue.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #59
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by spadasak

Dealer:Meyers RV, Churchville, NY
Sales Rating: 0
Service Rating:5

Initial sales purchase setup over phone as dealer is 5 hours from my home. Trailer deal was fine and I love my 342pht Monty, but they didn't supply the hitch system I requested and paid for in advance and will not make good on the deal. Salesman indicated he gave me what I ordered, although I didn't feel it necessary at the time to document the phone conversation, not that it would of mattered. Although I must say the service department treated me well on my delivery and indicated they couldn't help me without the sales dept. paying for the new hitch. Lesson learned!!!
Ditto on Sales = 0
Service offered to make a deal did not take them up on it as they are 5 hours away. My Monty was given a NYS inspection by them yet the brakes were not functioning (intermitten short) and there was a neutral wire short in A/C unit. Lucky for Mrs who fell in love with the unit, I am handy but will never go here again.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #60
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
DEL CAMINO RV LONGMONT COLO.

Sales was fine I would rate it about an 8

Service POOR had 1300.00 worth of belongins taken from my unit. Was never even contacted by the owner and the items have not been replaced. I would not reccommend this dealer to anyone.

BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote