Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #201
Bama Camper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15888
Camping World of South Alabama - Robertsdale, AL.
I've given them very good reviews in the past (three visits). But, things have changed there. As far as I can tell, the quality of service is still high, but the handling of customers and their "front desk" procedures have changed. This is apparently due to some recent personnel changes.
My recent repair took waaaayy too long. While investigating, I discovered that nothing happened for the first two weeks my camper was there. Was it due to a backlog? No, I don't think so. In addition, parts Orders were delayed for no reason, parts that HAD been ordered were left on the shelf when they arrived. No one seemed to be in charge to get them installed. It took many calls to them to make anything happen. I have to lower their rating from and 8 to a 6 for service.

Bama Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #202
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
AMERICAN RV Grand Rapids, Michigan
Our 7th NEW RV, 13 total RV's, second new Montana

Sales- 10+ Very well educated about The Montana, very competitive pricing

Service - 10+ They have taken care of ALL of the warranty things that have come up, repairing things that should have been done at the factory.

Follow up - 10+

Great people to work with and highly recommend.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #203
dmedler

M.O.C. #15993
Thompson Family RV in Davenport Iowa has been good to us in spite not having purchased there. Friendly, helpful and repairs completed correctly. AI appreciate their service.
dmedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #204
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yes, they've had a number of good reports over the years.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #205
caroldee2735
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17665
Camping World Strafford MO service department has been wonderful. Despite not purchasing the unit here, they got us right in for a few warranty issues. They were unable to complete assessment of work to be done by closing time so plugged us in to 50 amp and water in the back for the night. Our service man, Mike, even gave us his cell phone # in case we had problems in the night. Everyone is friendly , courteous and helpful. After hearing some bad reviews about other dealers when asked to do warranty work on a unit not purchased from them, I was dreading this visit. I am so happy we came here .
caroldee2735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 AM   #206
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
North Point RV
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

Just a great place to d business, they always give the customer the benefit. Service department supports the dealership with great techs.

This is the place that I commented on in another thread, that came to pick up my Montana to bring it in and returned it because I couldn't drive (broke knee cap guy).

Don is sales manager, and I bought my two Montana's from Jim in sales.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #207
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks, added those two to my list.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #208
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
For those of you that live in New England, I suggest Diamond RV in Hatfield Ma.
Great Sales team: They gave me the best price I could find on the internet for the model I was looking at.
Great service: Anytime I have had work done, I have inspected the job and it has looked like new
Great Warranty: The have worked with Keystone to cover all my gripes and are currently working on my existing issue. It is great to have a dealer that will stand up for their customers.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #209
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If you are in California near Lake Shasta or the Mount Shasta area, we had our trailer frame repaired by Troy's Mobile RV Repair and Welding. Troy did an excellent job, was on site the day after I called him, got the difficult job done pretty quick and was very reasonable. http://troydevault.weebly.com/ (707) 834-9874
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #210
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
General RV Birch Run Michigan

Sales 8

Service 0

follow up 0

375FL High Country in shop for 3.5 weeks only fixed 2 out of 9 issues. Keystone told me to take the RV to another Warranty Dealer.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #211
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks, sad but good to know.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #212
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by caroldee2735

Camping World Strafford MO service department has been wonderful. Despite not purchasing the unit here, they got us right in for a few warranty issues. They were unable to complete assessment of work to be done by closing time so plugged us in to 50 amp and water in the back for the night. Our service man, Mike, even gave us his cell phone # in case we had problems in the night. Everyone is friendly , courteous and helpful. After hearing some bad reviews about other dealers when asked to do warranty work on a unit not purchased from them, I was dreading this visit. I am so happy we came here .
Dick, you might want to re-think Camping World @ Stratford, Mo. A good friend, (Lack of HP) has had his rig there 3 times for a heater issue and is presently there now. With no idea of when it will be fixed. I had my step recall done there. They used wrong parts, ended up fixing my self and sent pics to Keystone to show the step was really fixed.

IF you need customer pay help in Springfield, Mo. look up Thomas and Sons. Family owned service and parts place on Glenstone in Springfield, Mo. http://www.thomassonsrv.com/

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #213
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks, I added Thomas and Sons. Stratford Camping world already had both good and bad reports.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #214
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Camping World - Lowell Arkansas

Sales n/a
Service 1

In shop five months for a variety of warranty repairs, poor communication (I.e numerous calls not returned, reported work completed but was not on two separate incidences) and, after receiving warranty repair authorizations, not ordering needed repair parts nor following up on shipping. Oct. 2015 - Feb. 2016

Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #215
BrightonBob
Established Member

M.O.C. #19059
Smallwood's Trailers in Jackson, TN.
I've bought 2 units from them and if I were ever to buy another it would be my choice again. They are knowledgeable, friendly, dependable, honest, and go above and beyond to satisfy their customers. Shane Vaughn, the owner, is committed to caring for his customers, even beyond warranty work. They seem to have a problem keeping a service manager, but the quality of the work has never suffered, as far as I know. I have and would recommend member them highly to anyone needing a trailer or service on their unit. Just good folks.

2014 Montana 3582RL
2008 Dodge RAM 3500 Dually 6.7L Diesel
BrightonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #216
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We have a great dealer here in southwest Va, in Salem its Toneys Rv. Joe the owner and the 2 guys that help him will do every thing possible to help you. I have seen them work nights and on Sunday. They sell campers. None goes out without first correcting everything that needs correcting, from the obvious to stuff I would fool with.
We have a CW and Sniders Rv. Toneys gets a 10 and they get 1.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #217
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
Camping World St. Augustine, FL
Sales = 9 Got a great deal in July 2016
Service = 1. Can't seem to get the important things fixed
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 AM   #218
PChesney

M.O.C. #18109
I CANNOT RECOMMEND the service departments at Holiday World RV in Las Cruces, NM & Holiday World RV in Katy, TX. Both dealerships caused great damage to my brand new 2015 Montana 3160 RL. On 11/15/15 during my winter travels from Minnesota, I purchased a brand my new Montana from Holiday World RV in League City, TX. My salesman there was fantastic. However, they did not have a service department that could repair and paint a large gouge on the underside of my front cap. I was also having a problem with the instrument panel not reading fluid levels properly in my fresh/gray and black water tanks. I made an appt to have the painting and warranty work done at Holiday World in Las Cruces, NM in January. The paint job was great, but the mechanic who worked on the issue with my water gauge walked off while filling my gray water tank and FLOODED the bathroom. It was flooded so bad that water was pouring out the front door of my unit. The interior wooden steps were soaked with water, the basement was partially flooded and my master bedroom carpet was also wet. They brought our unit back out to us without drying anything up & went home for the day. We had to blot the steps as dry as we could, remove everything from the basement ourselves and found some of our belongings had gotten wet. The next day they shampooed the bedroom carpet but did not bring us any fans or a dehumidifier. The bedroom carpet was still so wet we had to sleep on the pull out sofa. We dried our unit out the best we could and left the next day, very upset with their lack of care and concern for what had been done to our unit. A couple of days later we noticed the the wood on the vanity in the bathroom was splitting, and that the steps were warping. We were already in Arizona by this time so on our return home we made an appointment to have the steps replaced at the Holiday World Katy, TX location. They did a fantastic job on that. However, much to my horror, the mechanic at the Katy, TX dealership also FLOODED my bathroom while testing the still faulty water level gauge. He too had walked off while filling my gray tank and once again the brand new steps got wet. It was closing time when my unit was brought out to me and we did not notice the wet steps until later that night when we went up to use the bathroom. Everyone was gone home for the day so we took photos and dried the steps and carpet as best we could. We blotted up the wet carpet, ran our small fan on it all night & showed the service shop manager the next morning. They denied flooding the unit and tried to blame it on us. They did bring the unit back into their shop and tried to dry things out better and said they tore out the underbelly and replaced a "small" amount of insulation that was wet. We were already dealing with a musty odor which I complained about but they claimed they could not smell it. After being on their parking lot for almost 10 days, we left for our home in Minnesota. The management of Holiday World RV refuses to file a claim with their liability insurance company and refuses to replace my Montana with a brand new unit at no cost to me. I cannot afford to hire an attorney. Nothing is resolved and I am stuck with a unit that smells like a musty dish rag. I am worried that mold is growing in places I cannot see. I loved my Montana 3160 RL, but they have destroyed it as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand the smell. I bought a huge pail of Damp Rid and even bought one of those ionization machines to help rid the interior of the smell. So far nothing has worked. All I can do now is let everyone know what Holiday World RV has done and hopefully prevent others from suffering the same fate.
PChesney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:31 AM   #219
dhenry3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18670
Just picked up our 3710FL from CW in Myrtle Beach. This was first time I had work under warranty performed and I must say, everything was taken care of and warrantied thru Keystone. I also had them winterize it due to freezing temps due tonight. A little pricy but done on time. I have heard a lot of horror stories about CW but other than the day we bought it, which was the busiest day I have ever seen at a dealership, we have been treated very well and work has been performed as asked. If anyone ever goes to the maintenance shop on hwy 501 in Myrtle Beach, ask for Tom. Great guy and takes pride in his customer service.

dhenry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #220
caroldee2735
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17665
I bought my new 3160 last July from Great Escapes in Gamaliel AR. I was trading in another fifth wheel and dealer told me they would put new unit next to old one and we could take our time transferring. Being in our 70's it took us too long and we had to leave with our belongings in a mess in new unit. I had asked that a new washer/dryer be installed and assumed they would install a good one I was told it was new, top of the line with the largest capacity on the market. It wasn't top of the line and smaller capacity. It worked for 3 months , I couldn't find anybody to fix it and junked it .
This year I decided to put new tires on as I didn't trust the ones that came on the unit although dealer told me they would be good for five years!!!!
When the original tires on the brand new unit were taken off, an inside patch was discovered. I was very upset and called the dealer to complain . The salesman said they would NEVER send out a new unit with patches tire and didn't even have a way to patch a tire. When I asked him if they had the he ability to take tire off and send out to be patched, he hung up on me. I called Keystone who checked with transporter and reported it didn't happen during transport. I called Tredit who sold the tire to Keystone and they said that wouldn't happen at their place. I called dealer back and got a more knowledgeable person who did some checking, said there hadn't been any notes about a tire being patched but he felt that it had happened there, apologized and said he would make sure it didn't happen again.. I wouldn't trust anything this dealer ever told me
caroldee2735 is offline   Reply With Quote