Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
mboys
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12012
Photo with signature

OK I admit I'm computer Illiterate. I'm trying to add a couple of photos to our signature. I've attempted to follow the instructions on how to do this the administrators have put up but can't seem to get it. I've so far been able to copy and paste the URL to the signature box and that's exactly what now shows, the URL. if you click on it it takes you to the site where I have the photo stored. I know I'm missing a step here but not sure what I need to do. Any suggestions?

mboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Wow, that is weird!!! Normally all you have to do is sandwich the URL between a [img] and [/img} tags and shazaam, the picture appears. But that Google link does not seem to work with the MOC software. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I beat it to death trying to get it to work.

I finally went to your picture, saved it on my computer, and then loaded it up to Tinypic.com. They resultant "IMG codes for forums and libraries" looked like this

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/23a9gh.jpg[/IMG]

and displays like this.

If you like, cut and paste the above "img" text into your Profile in place of the horrendous Google URL and your should have your picture.

On Edit: I see that Google URL in your signature causes really wide posts (so wide you have to scroll left/right to read the text. Using the Tinypic URL will stop that problem too.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Carl N Susan, I was having a similar problem. Following your advice...see if it works.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
OMG that pic is huge

Old 06-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
According to the rules, the photo shouldn't be over 100,000 bytes. http://montanaowners.weebly.com/adding-photos.html
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
I read the rules. Followed previous advice. First time trying to add a pic. Didn't know how to re-size it. Took it off my signature as you can see. I don't normally post photos to public domains. Give me a break, still figuring it out.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #7
Rain Ducker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14462
It appears that Google Photos provides unusable links for this forum. Tried two ways to obtain the URL and neither worked.

It seems that at this moment Google Photos is still backing up to Picasa online. IF you know how to access Picasa online, and can find the photo there, the URL provided will function here on the forum.

Or use a different web site storage site. Photobucket at times also presents issues on the forum, especially in the sig line area.

Thank you for your continued support and following the size guidelines set up by the Administrator of this forum.
Rain Ducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Got this "add photo" thing figured out now.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #9
mboys
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12012
I finally have the photo on my signature thanks to your instructions. I was looking for the IMG tag to cut and paste on the profile but couldn't locate it so I just cut/pasted the URL you provided including the IMG brackets. It worked. I did have the image as you know on Picasa as recommended but apparently it's not up yet?

Also, I too do not know how to downsize the photo so If I am breaking rules as someone mentioned please let me know and I'll take it down. Certainly don't want to offend anyone. Thank you so much for your assistance.
mboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mboys

...I too do not know how to downsize the photo so If I am breaking rules as someone mentioned please let me know and I'll take it down...
Actually your photo is within the MOC guidelines. It is 580x733 pixels and the limit is 800 pixels wide.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=59371

As for using Picasa as a source, I have no idea. All I know is you need a URL (and apparently a shorter one than Google provides) where the photo is stored and the IMG tags.

There are standard MS tools which will resize and crop pictures. I prefer to use a freeware product name IRFan View. It is pretty intuitive and feature rich.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:47 PM   #11
JBMD
Established Member

M.O.C. #14300
Wow! I've had the same problem also and I used Google, too. Can't wait to try this fix! Thanks!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by carl n susan

Wow, that is weird!!! Normally all you have to do is sandwich the URL between a [img] and [/img} tags and shazaam, the picture appears. But that Google link does not seem to work with the MOC software. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I beat it to death trying to get it to work.

I finally went to your picture, saved it on my computer, and then loaded it up to Tinypic.com. They resultant "IMG codes for forums and libraries" looked like this

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/23a9gh.jpg[/IMG]

and displays like this.

If you like, cut and paste the above "img" text into your Profile in place of the horrendous Google URL and your should have your picture.

On Edit: I see that Google URL in your signature causes really wide posts (so wide you have to scroll left/right to read the text. Using the Tinypic URL will stop that problem too.
JBMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
For some reason whenever I've typed in the image code it sometimes hasn't worked. Whenever I use the "add image" button I'll paste the URL between the tags and it seems to work that way for me. I know these things are very finicky and one single error will cause it not to work.