Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
It is time to sell

Well we are now at a point where we are going to sell the trusty Montana. We have absolutely loved the 3400RL for the last couple of years. It served us first in the birthplace of Naval Aviation and the home of the mighty Blue Angles, Pensacola FL. This was also where I started my military flight training. Fate took us away a couple of times to run from the Hurricanes Dennis and Arleen. Then we were sent to sunny southern Texas in Corpus Christi. This would be the first Christmas without snow. Living on the beach was great as I finished my Primary flight training. The Navy then sent us to Meridian, MS for another great tour flying the Mighty T-45C Goshawk. Finally, we have settled in sunny southern California and will now be moving into a stick house. The Montana has been a wonderful home...but it is time for us to get into a more permanent structure.

We are going to be offering our Montana for sale in Lemoore, CA. We are planning on selling it for the going blue book rate or best offer.

We would like to replace the carpet and welcome any advice on how to do so. The existing carpet is in no way bad...but we think it would be a nice touch for the new owner to have new carpet.

So please send any questions as to how to purchase the RV to me on the website or at .

Has anyone had carpet replaced in the past?
Do you just go to a carpet installer and get it done...
or is it a dealer thing.

The Montana is an 04-05 it has done about 7 trips. It has the remaining 6 years of a seven year warranty. This thing is great as it only has a $50 deductible per occurrence and it truly covers everything but seals. Please let me know of any questions you may have.

zzuroweste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Looks like a nice looking rig Zach - you should do fine selling it. The 3400 is a popular model.

By the way - my family thanks you for your time served!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Zach,
We also thank you for your service. We've driven by the Naval facility at Lemoore many times. I use to have the name of a company that specialized in RV carpet replacement but no longer have it. Maybe if you do an internet search you will find them.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Sorry you are selling the Montana but congrats on the Stick house. We just sold our house in Hanford. Carolyn just retired after 34+ years as a DOD employee at Lemoore, she was with the Strike/Fighter Wing there. We loved the area and have many good friends there but now we are going to be fulltimers.

Good luck in your tour at Lemoore and future assignments. You are joining a great group of people.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Z, did you know there is a section of the forum to post anything for sale? You may want to post there also.
Good luck to you from an old flyboy.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Zach, sorry to hear you are selling the Monty but good news about the stick house.
We also want to thank you for your service to our country. Son was in the Navy too. Served 10 years until a back injury.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I was told by the service supervisor at my dealer, who has a Montana himself, that the best thing to do is to go to one of those carpet stores and have it installed. That's what he did. Said they did a good job. Make sure the installer has done RVs with slides before.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote