Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
Montana_539
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #539
It Finally Happened

Well, we are the proud new owners (kinda' - the bank has something to say about it) of our 3295!!! I can't tell you how excited we are to have the home away from home.

It was a bit of an adventure/learning experience to get it home of course- my timing was about the worst I could do... got to the dealer at about 1:00 in the afternoon. they had everything ready - had checked out and done their pre-delivery inspection and test - so it was just educate the new owner and away you go, right? Wrong. I had my handy dandy checklist and insisted on inspecting everything - crawl underneath, crawl on top (sure is high up there!), open everything, run everything, etc. I was amazed at the quality, and prep - really good, only a couple of minor follow ups. But by now it is getting dark, and here in the Fresno California area the commute traffic is getting into high gear. (I wondered about getting myself into high gear, let alone the brute (truck's name). You see this commute traffic is not the slow stop and go of the big metropolitan areas, but more a 65mph down to 25mph, back to 65, etc.... and it happens quickly (I didn't want quickly - I've never pulled one of these before!). Thank goodness Vicki had to also drive down the mountain from home to meet me at the dealer for the checkout - she was to drive behind and keep the snarling commuters off my deriere, and run interference for lane changes. Thanks again Vicki - it worked pretty good. And this is when I found out how wonderfully this thing tows - really cool.
From the freeway it was a simple matter of another 25 miles on two lane tight country roads with 8% grades up to the house.

Well almost to the house - no way I will be able to back this thing uphill with horsehoe bends on our quarter mile driveway (there's no turn around at the end). So she sits at the bottom of the hill waiting for company.

What a great unit, and a beautiful home - we will be on the road quite a bit in November, with short trips in every month planned.

I can't thank the members of this forum enough - You all have been incredibly helpful in preparing us, encouraging and open and honest with the information. Thanks

Oh, by the way the monitor panel is on the right side of the curio cabinet as you go up the steps to the bath area. This was mentioned in previous threads.

Hope to run into you all on the road.

Trygg, Vicki, and Bearboy the French Bulldog
2000 4X4 Ford F350, 7.3L, Long Bed, Ext Cab
2004 Big Sky 3295RK
Reese 16k, Prodigy
Payments till 3004

Montana_539 is offline   Reply With Quote