Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
what size as in length do most of you own that boondock mostly.

i am looking to buy a new montana . but at 40 feet not sure if that would just be too big.
i am single. so onlh me. no rug rats to come around. no family to be a pain. ( from or too).
i will be fully retired in 7 years. then full time on the rd ( sooner if house sells quick).
my plan is to boondock 95-99% of the time. only due to some sites i must go see would require a pay to park style lot.
Our rig is much older but we're talking size. Ours is a 2955RL when I bought it I thought it was 29.5' But when I got it home I found out the 2955 was the inside length. So from rear cap to pin is just under 33' We primarily boondock in the west. For me I couldn't go any longer and get into the places we go. Even our acreage in northern Wa. on the Canadian border is tough to get in and out. If I had a rig much longer I'm afraid I would damage it going where we go. Don't forget to beef up your suspension. Stock suspension won't hold up to uneven surfaces. I found that out real fast. We have 400 watts of solar, 4 6v GCB