Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #101
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
after reading all in this thread.
some things were not posted.
first, his daughter was also grinding away at the arch putting her name there.
also. he had sent one of his sons to change the plates on the truck??
---who carries a spare (different numbers) set of lp for there truck??---
it sounds more like he has done this before and his name will be found defacing other places.
his other son was harassing the people there who complained.

this fool, has taught his children to break the laws of this Nation. and not care. just like any lowlife street thug.

ok you buy from his company, but i am in the majority and will not let him have any of my moneys.

sad but in 10 years none of this will be remembered. and life goes on.

to me and others the name

Mr Anderson is a insult.

Thanks for filling in the rest of the situation with Andersen that had slipped my mind.

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Old 12-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #102
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
Wait till you can`t get uncoupled cause your on uneven ground and your hitch is in a bind. After watching the guy next to me pull in out my kitchen window while eating breakfast, start hollering at his wife for a half an hour to shake the truck back in forth while he was pulling on the release handle of his BW hitch. I finally went out an very very very nicely told him to just drive out the 4 pins holding the hitch to the rails and reconnect at his convenience, didn`t have a hammer, gave him mine, later that night he came over and returned the hammer and gave me a half pint of Jack Daniels. ( I mean who doesn`t like Jack Daniels) Saw this 2 trips ago down south, very entertaining. Yep, love my Andersen.
Now that sounds like bull$hit. By the way I’ve stopped sending him empty beer and soda cans and would never buy anything from him. Nothing easier or safer than my B&W.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #103
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
must be special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Balony !!
Nope, should have taken pictures. Can`t help it if some people are non conformists. This very scenario has been posted many times. I believe you were part of that last thread about this very problem, no I know you were.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
Old 12-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #104
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I believe you were part of that last thread about this very problem, no I know you were.

... and most likely as you were. Big deal. IIRC, MOC is an open forum and many threads over time are repetitious. I don't care for Ryan Andersen along with his family's total disregard for America's natural treasures and think his products leave much to be desired in engineering/design and manufacture vs a conventional hitch, derived from over a century of use, a tried and proven semi hitch, be it a Reese, Curt, B&W , etc. You are happy with Andersen, the man and products, so be it. Your choice, but will never be mine.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #105
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I have no Dog in this fight/thread, but I just can't wrap my head around the idea of buying the Biggest/Heaviest Fifthwheel you can, then buying the Lightest Weight Hitch you can.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:06 PM   #106
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The British have their Crown Jewels that no one gets to see. We have our National Parks. Everybody gets to use them. We must protect them and pass them down for many generations to come in pristine condition.
We don’t own the land we borrow it from our children.
Lynwood
Old 12-04-2019, 04:16 AM   #107
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Sorry for the rant. I have held back, but need to say a bit more than a one or 2 liner.
No matter what sport/hobby I am into I find it is always important to give back. When we lived in New Mexico, we were cavers. Not only would we go cave exploring, we would volunteer. This volunteer work was for BLM, National Park Service and National Forest Service. We did cave restorations, mapping, trash removal, and you guessed it, graffiti removal. I have always chalked the graffiti up to idiot kids. There were creative ways needed to remove it without damaging the cave. So I personally know how much effort it takes to erase what this moron did.

So when I see someone that makes a good living off of the RV industry feel entitled enough to trash our National Parks, by carving his name in it, then involving his children and trying to cover the act I get a bit more than a little upset. Even more so when his punishment does not fit the crime.

So no, I would never ever buy one of the self-entitled Idiot’s hitches.
And folks trying to support their decision to buy from the self-entitled idiot by attacking other hitches, just plain out do not get it.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 12-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #108
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
... and most likely as you were. Big deal. IIRC, MOC is an open forum and many threads over time are repetitious. I don't care for Ryan Andersen along with his family's total disregard for America's natural treasures and think his products leave much to be desired in engineering/design and manufacture vs a conventional hitch, derived from over a century of use, a tried and proven semi hitch, be it a Reese, Curt, B&W , etc. You are happy with Andersen, the man and products, so be it. Your choice, but will never be mine.

In addition and as a reminder, bshgto, I am the OP of this thread in April 2018 and why you recall the last go around
Old 12-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #109
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
People make mistakes folks. He has been adjudicated and punished, regardless of our opinions related to the appropriateness of the punishment. This is America and we are all entitled to our opinions and thankfully we are governed by laws rather than opinions. I respect everyone’s opinions but am grateful and hopefully that I never become so obtuse that I cannot forgive someone for an indiscretion. None of us are Jesus and I cannot claim to have never done something stupid that I am not proud of. I am thankful that my life is more than any bad deed I may have committed in my past.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #110
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
People make mistakes folks. He has been adjudicated and punished, regardless of our opinions related to the appropriateness of the punishment. This is America and we are all entitled to our opinions and thankfully we are governed by laws rather than opinions. I respect everyone’s opinions but am grateful and hopefully that I never become so obtuse that I cannot forgive someone for an indiscretion. None of us are Jesus and I cannot claim to have never done something stupid that I am not proud of. I am thankful that my life is more than any bad deed I may have committed in my past.

I can partially agree with you and probably wouldn't be as judgemental if he had done his nasty deed then, after caught, done something to correct the damage his actions caused. What I can't condone is forget the fact that he had his kids change license plates, harrassed others then paid a paltry pocket change fine. From anything I've seen, other then an 'apology' letter' he has made no attempt to further himself by volunteering somewhere or even making a sizeable donnation in some charitable organization that proves his worth. Had he done something over and above paying that small fine, a misdemeanor violation, I might have a bit of respect for someone who has become a public figure in the huge RV industry.

Then there is that question of a person doing something he is ashamed of - yeah, most of us have, but most of us are not publically known and most of us probably haven't damaged a national treasure such as in Moab, Utah.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #111
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
This is a challenging conversation and is clearly divisive because this forum (or any forum like it) isn't the battlefield...or at least it shouldn't be. All the rants here aren't going to change the real problem.

I think that most of us agree that R. Anderson is a spoiled, self-entitled (well said, Jeffba), moron with no integrity who is a lousy example of personal and social responsibility to his family and industry. He should be far more ashamed of himself than he likely is.

I think that most of us also agree that he did not receive adequate consequences for his actions. But here's the challenge: What do you expect from a ridiculously lame legal and justice system that puts murderers, rapists, and child molesters back on the streets for the public to deal with rather than execute the justice they deserve? Our justice system doesn't execute justice so why would anyone expect bigger punishments for someone who scratches a rock? I'm not trying to minimize the importance of our national monuments, only pointing out that the battlefield is our broken system of justice that has no regard for the sanctity of life, which has far greater value than any inanimate object.

If I needed to buy a hitch I wouldn't likely buy another Anderson hitch. But I own one now...one which I bought used so Anderson really didn't get my money. I'm also not going to throw out my perfectly good hitch in some asinine display of social indignation then go out and spend more money to buy another perfectly good hitch. The only person who gets punished in that scenario is me...no impact to Anderson.

The beauty of the American Free Enterprise system is that any genius, moron, or schmuck can invent and market anything they want. The marketplace will determine whether it's successful. So buy Anderson products, don't buy them, you're free to do so. If enough of the marketplace were actually aware of Anderson's disregard for our country then his company might feel the impact of irresponsibility...time will tell.

Bottom line is that I joined this forum for 2 reasons.
  1. I recently bought a Montana and enjoy the sharing of product-specific experiences
  2. I'm a long time camper and enjoy sharing experiences with others who also enjoy camping

This thread has gone far afield of the reason I joined and don't believe that the greater issues of justice will be settled here.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #112
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
didn't Jesus throw the vendors out if the temple?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 12-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #113
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We should forgive and I will, not when Hell freezes over but when it freezes solid.
Sure he paid his fine like two cents to the rest of us like a friend’s daughter. She has been caught numerous times for crimes she should have gone to jail for. They go pay the lawyer thousands extra and she gets off with a slap on the wrist like Anderson. If you think that don’t happen you live very sheltered life.
Lynwood
Old 12-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #114
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547

I just fixed up a fresh batch of buttered popcorn
Old 12-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #115
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
now that this thread has brought our the do gooders time to shut it down.
Closed Thread