Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta?

We're heading there right after the fall rally. We'll be across the street from the launch field in the low rent district Oct 1-9 behind the cemetery. If you're there stop by

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We've only been to the Balloon Fiesta only once! I lived in Albuquerque for about 16 months. What a wild week. Balloons and their chase teams are everywhere.

I remember getting the family up (DW, 5 yr old son and 10 mo old daughter) at 3:00am to watch the initial "Everybody up" launch at 5:00am and there must have been 400 balloons launched en masse (but a little staggered) and they went everywhere depending on height and wind direction. And I forgot the camera! What a sight to see! I highly recommend that!

Every balloon had a chase vehicle and these dudes were near maniacal trying to keep up with their balloon. I had to work that week so I missed all the weekly competitions and tragically that week there were a couple of fatal accidents.

One of these days I'll go back as a tourist and watch the whole week's competitions. We can't make it this year because we are prepping for my Mom's 80th birthday on Oct 10.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
It's quite a spectacle. Most mornings the balloons come right over our Montana. We crewed on a ballon last year and are doing it again this year. We have to get up early and can be a little work but it's fun.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote