Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Greetings From SE New Hampshire

Eric and Tina here. This is our fifth RV. Started with a Kodiak Hybrid, went to a 29' Springdale, to an Outback 31RQS, to an Outback 325FRE Fifth Wheel and now we are picking up our 2015 Montana 3750FL this weekend, 1/24/15...

Well, sorta! See there is this snow storm coming up the coast and I am not planning on towing this new unit back home in 25 MPH gusts and heavy wet snow. So depending on road conditions she just may stay parked at Camping World of Chichester until the weather clears.

We are both very excited about our new toy and look forward to keep up with our aggressive "campering" as my wife calls it.

We are active members of Dog and Trailer.com and usually make 2 or more rallies with those folks a year. They are a great group of people and we have a large cross-section of RV's represented.

A good number of those members were (and some still are) original members of Outbackers.com (Outback Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel owners). Keystone RV followed us on one of rallies to Acadia National Park. The video the did is still on Youtube. I think it is titled Outback Owners Rally.

Anyway, my wife and I are heavily into getting out and about. We have been as far south a Virginia, as far north as Acadia National Park, and as far west as Iowa.

We have hit a number of great places including Gettysburg, Washington DC, The White Mountains of NH (that's our backyard) West Point, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Virginia Beach, many places along the Maine coast including Portland, Scarborough, Old Orchard Beach, Booth Bay, and Acadia. We enjoy many places in Massachusetts including the Cape, Vermont, New York, and we are still exploring our great Granite State of New Hampshire.

We have used our RV's as step of pads for things we want to do. We try to include a historical land mark at least once a season and have seen some great things, met some great people and made friends that we look forward to seeing every year. They truly have become extended family.

We have laughed together, hiked, biked, and toured together and we have cried together too. But the constant binding thing has been friendships with no strings attached. No matter ones background once settle in on a site and gathered 'round a campfire we are all the same.

I have done some blogs in the past and those blogs have migrated from one website to another. Once I get my "feet wet" if they are applicable then perhaps I will share them here as well.

I am retired Navy. Finished my 21st year as Aviation Electricians Mate Chief Petty Officer in 2003. I now work at Nuclear Power Plant as a Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls Technician. Tina is an Administrative Assistant but that title hardly describes what she is responsible for! She works for Lonza taking care of records and electronic work packages for the manufacturing side of the business (aside from other things) in NH.

I have a daughter, Erin, than graduated from VA Tech (Go Hokies!), a son Ian who is studying Engineering in Norfolk VA. and a Step Son who goes into the Navy April 2nd as a Nuclear ET (Electronics Technician). Then our last kid is Tobey. He's a Sheppard, Australian Cattle Dog mix. He has three speeds. Eat, Sleep, and Play!

So here we are, and there ya go. You know a little bit about one of us as new Montana owners. Hope to pick your brains when I have a question, bring a chuckle when I can and hope to see you out there some day!

Eric (egregg57)

egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #2
commish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14397
Eric, welcome to the MOC forum. You should fit in well around here. I'm out on the West Coast of Washington State and have met people from all over on here.
Happy trails and enjoy your new 5er. Mike
commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Thank you, Mike!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Welcome and hope the forum is helpful for you.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Welcome! Thank you for your many years service to our great country!
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Welcome aboard Eric and Tina and congratulation on the new 2015 3750FL!
You will find this site to be the best site you will ever have especially concerning the Montana units. Since you're experienced fifth wheelers, you will find things out here you never new before and if you have any problems with your unit or questions about your new unit jump right in and ask away. There will always be someone that will step up and answer your question/s or help solve a problem you may come upon.
If you get a chance to take a little time off your busy work schedules, think about attending one of the Regional Rallies that MOC holds throughout the year and/or think about coming to the MOC Fall Rally, held each year in Goshen, IN in September. All are a lot of fun and what a better way to meet some of the MOC members that post here on the Forum and others that just come to the Rallies for the pleasure of them. Watch for postings here on the Forum for upcoming Rally's and join in on the fun and learning experiences!
Again, welcome aboard and enjoy your new unit and hope to meet you down the road.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Glad to have ya aboard gang!!! there are a lot of great folks here on the Forum Enjoy
Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Welcome to the MOC. Thanks for your service!! Be sure to join in and enjoy all of the conversations going on. Lots of great folks here who love to help and share information!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #9
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Well! Thank you all for the warm welcome! I do enjoy good forums. Not only for the information but also the comraderie. I am sure we'll be picking some brains and beating the bushes. BUT hopefully not too much!

Since we have had our Outback 5th wheel for almost 4 years we are familiar with getting around with a rolling suite behind us.

Last year we bought a Good Sam RVGPS and that purchase was a very good one. More than once, prior to having it, even with careful planning I have found myself ( and my DW) going where no man, woman, dog or fifth wheel has ever been before.... Or should ever go again! However I have managed to get out of these sticky wickets pretty much unscathed.

Well..there was that Maxxair vent cover on the Hutchinson Parkway..and the radio antenna that was reformed into modern art masterpiece while transiting Storrow Drive in Boston....

Yes you can get a RV down Storrow Drive...in the center of the road, with a lot of perturbed Bostonians behind you. Oh! Yeah it can't be taller than 11 feet (antenna proved that).

So! Here we go! Looking forward to getting to know you and yours, virtually, if nothing else!

Come on Spring!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the MOC family, we look forward to all your future posts!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to this great country. I'm also a northeasterner and have been to many of the places you list. We love the White Mountains!

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #12
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a great group of knowledgeable folks here ready and willing to help. It sounds like you have a great deal of experience to contribute so jump right in and get involved and we hope to meet you down the road.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:34 AM   #13
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Welcome to the forum. If you would like to meet some of us in person, how about joining us for the 2015 Northeast Rally.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=60950
Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Welcome to the forum!
Part of the enjoyment of owning a Montana is this forum.
This is a great place to share and find information about your Montana.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:22 AM   #15
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Welcome and pleasant travels! Thanks Vet!
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:46 AM   #16
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Welcome to the forum! Can't believe you towed on Storrow Drive! OMG. We're headed your way in May-June on our way (wandering) to the Northeast MOC Rally in the Finger Lakes of NY as Bullroc mentioned. Lots of good folks planning to be yjere, too. Gonna visit MA, NH, ME and VT on the way. Need to get my clam roll and lobsta roll fix!!! And see friends and relatives near the seacoast (Portsmouth, Exeter,etc.).
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 AM   #17
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by capn chris

Welcome to the forum! Can't believe you towed on Storrow Drive! OMG. We're headed your way in May-June on our way (wandering) to the Northeast MOC Rally in the Finger Lakes of NY as Bullroc mentioned. Lots of good folks planning to be yjere, too. Gonna visit MA, NH, ME and VT on the way. Need to get my clam roll and lobsta roll fix!!! And see friends and relatives near the seacoast (Portsmouth, Exeter,etc.).
Coincidentally, We both grew up in Exeter and live in Brentwood!!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #18
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Welcome to the Forum. We are neighbors from Maine. My husband Jim is a retired Senior Chief. Hope our paths cross. Enjoy!
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:13 AM   #19
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
ERIC & TINA WELCOME!!! Enjoy your new rig and this forum.

Good luck ,Kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #20
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
[/URL][/img]

Got her home Saturday...