Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #21
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Sorry to hear about your problem. Glad you got help from Keystone.
When we open or close, My wife handles the slide control, and I stand outside and watch each slide as it goes in or out. I can spot a problem and give her a shout to stop. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Tahoe (except for the bump in the road). Have a Good Day

deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
In 2004, our living room slide started out and then the most horrendous grinding and bending of metal was heard. Wife stopped the slides. We discovered that the slide mechanism had pulled loose from the floor and had continued out through the metal material.

Called Beaudry (used to be in Tuscon, AZ) and they said come in and we'll see if we can fit you in. They did fit us in and made the repair in two days. Without batting an eye they walked us to the cashier. The bill was $3800!. Then they told us that Keystone had paid the bill!

Our Montana was four and one-half years old at the time.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

I don't let things upset me anymore. Stuff happens, and how a manufacturer stands by their product, and treats you when a problem happens, is how I judge the company. Campers around me (a group formed to see the train wreck) were telling me how up-set I should be about the problem. I simply said everyone relax, its not that big a deal, it will get fixed, a minor bump in the road of being retired! Lol. People apparently (IMHO) want to be upset, they appear to thrive on and expect failure, I do not! Look, we only got so many years in this life. I refuse to live even one day angry! "There is a solution to every problem"! Believe me I have been tried by fire in my life, this is nothing!
Great outlook on life Michael! My situation is kind of similar. Everybody expects me to be screaming and carrying on about the trailer situation. Now don't get me wrong, I a getting a little annoyed by it all, but yelling and screaming isn't going to do any good. I figure if I am persistent, patient, and try to keep my cool, I will be a lot further ahead than making it all worse by terrorizing everyone I deal with. And as it all appears to be working out, Camping World is going to help ease the pain a bit on top of replacing the trailer, so I think I stayed somewhat sane (?) and hopefully all works out in the end.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Greg: You have the patience of Job! Really your my hero on so many levels!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #25
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

Greg: You have the patience of Job! Really your my hero on so many levels!
Ah, you're too kind Michael - but thanks much for the kind words.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote