Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Decals that wrap around the edge of slides

While washing and waxing the monty for the winter I noticed that when decals wrap around the edge of the slide they seem to be becoming loose and starting to fray. I guess this happens because the end of the decals that are wrapped around the edge of the slide continually are hit with wind while travelling. In order to prevent the end of the decal from peeling off the slide edge I am thinking of smearing clear silicone rubber caulking/sealant on the decal ends that are coming loose and in that maner prevent the wind from flapping them off the slide edge. Before putting silicone rubber caulking on the decals I'm wondering if other monty owners have experienced similar problems and have found a better solution.

Appreciate your input

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Mine were doing the same thing. All my decals have been changed out to new so we will see how long these last. Yes you can cut them at the very edge, dig out the caulking and then recaulk but it is hard to match that original caulking on the edges.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
No issue with the decals wrapping around the exterior trim on my slides ... perhaps they didn't do a very good prep job when they applied yours. Your solution will probably work, but may not be too pleasing to the eye.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote