Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
msieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7838
Bedroom slide

Has anyone else had the problem of the bedroom slide sliding without the bed frame. Seems like the frame is attached to the wall with cheesy wood screws. These screws have pulled out of the wall. The slide is using the bed frame to keep it vertical when in motion. Without the frame attached, there is no way to keep the slide vertical. The bottom goes, but the top don't. I will post pics when I can.

Mike

msieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by msieger

Has anyone else had the problem of the bedroom slide sliding without the bed frame. Seems like the frame is attached to the wall with cheesy wood screws. These screws have pulled out of the wall. The slide is using the bed frame to keep it vertical when in motion. Without the frame attached, there is no way to keep the slide vertical. The bottom goes, but the top don't. I will post pics when I can.

Mike
Will n ed to see the pic's as I do not understand what you are saying.
We have a 06 3400 and no leaks.. Don't know what you mean
by....."the bedroom slide sliding without the bed frame." ?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
msieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7838
Rich,
When I hit the out button, the bottom of the slide moves and the top stays put. The way I see it, they are using the frame of the bed screwed to the wall of the slide as a means of keeping the slide perpendicular to the coach.
Without the frame being attached, all the in and out force is directed at the bottom of the slide causing it to tilt and jam. I can clearly see where the screws have pulled out of the slide wall.

Mike

Old 06-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
MMmmmm.. this does NOT sound good! Has any other member experienced this? Subscribing to this thread.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
msieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7838
Not good at all. I have a fix in mind, but going to talk to Team Montana on Monday.

Mike
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They will solve the problem. If they were not in the equation, I would just repair and reinforce the screw holes, or attachment point. It could be that there is a reason we do not see, for stress pulling the frame and screws out. In other words, a bigger problem, and the problem results in the frame being pulled away.
Good luck with it.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by msieger

Rich,
When I hit the out button, the bottom of the slide moves and the top stays put. The way I see it, they are using the frame of the bed screwed to the wall of the slide as a means of keeping the slide perpendicular to the coach.
Without the frame being attached, all the in and out force is directed at the bottom of the slide causing it to tilt and jam. I can clearly see where the screws have pulled out of the slide wall.

Mike

Have never heard of that but a interesting theory for the problerm. Will stay tunned...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #8
msieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7838
Good morning,

Well after more brainstorming last night, I have figured out that the slide awning is what's causing it to tip. (bottom goes out top stays in). If i take the awning pressure off by manually unrolling it, the slide works fine. However the bed frame is not moving with it.

Mike
Old 06-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
It sounds as though the slide awning prevented the top of the slide from moving and the bottom moved and pulled the screws loose. I'd still check with Montana to cover all bases.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #10
docport
Established Member

M.O.C. #10181
Msieger... I have a Monty 3455sa and had the same problem with our bedroom slide. After several trips to the dealer, we found out that at the factory, the ram was installed 1 1/2 inches back to far. This caused the bed to be ripped off the wall when bringing the slide in. When sliding out, the slide would go out at the bottom but jam at the top causing buckling of the bottom of the slide. Have the dealer check with Keystone techs. and get the measurements. I have appointment set up to have my bedslide replace at Keystone expense as it was wrong right from the factory. Took a year and half to get to the bottom of the problem including States AG involvement.
docport is offline   Reply With Quote