Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
leasurejf
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10937
Send a message via AIM to leasurejf
Xzilon

Our new 2013 Montana 3100RL should arrive next week. The dealer is trying to convince us to have the exterior and interior treated with Xzilon. I have gone online and found mixed comments. It is only warranteed if the dealer does the application. And the warranty apparently has many loopholes, making it hard to collect should there be a claim.

Has anyone gotten this product, and if so, what is your take on it? Is it worth the $$$$?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We sell motorhomes with the product. After some time it "crazes" and is difficult to remove.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
A good waxing every so often will keep it looking like new.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Hmmm, sounds like a money maker for the dealer. Haven't heard much about it so doubt it is that fantastic or everybody would be doing it.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
My SOB will arrive this week and I am having it done. I've been doing business with this dealer for the past 5 years and this is the first time they have "strongly recommended" any product to me. I trust the service mgr and he and the owner swear by the product and have guaranteed they will stand behind it should I have any issues in the future.

Larry ~ can you explain crazes?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We had our TV done when we bought it, and it has been wonderful. We have had the truck for almost 4 years, and have never waxed it. Not once. It still looks great. Even Florida's infamous love bugs still come off easily, with no paint damage! Not to mention our intense sun. Did not have the Big Sky done, but with the full painted graphics it still looks great too.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
"crazes" also called spiderwebbing. Some products similar to and including some clear coat applications "craze" after time. The surface looks like thousands of tiny spiderwebs or crack looking imperfections on the finish. Once it starts, it's near impossible to repair save removing the clear coat finish and starting over.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
leasurejf
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10937
Send a message via AIM to leasurejf
We decided to forego getting this done. If we didn't have the graphics, I would be more inclined to have it done. I trust those who have had it done are very happy with the results several years down the road. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

"crazes" also called spiderwebbing. Some products similar to and including some clear coat applications "craze" after time. The surface looks like thousands of tiny spiderwebs or crack looking imperfections on the finish. Once it starts, it's near impossible to repair save removing the clear coat finish and starting over.
Thanks!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Dealer says, "Strongly recommend".... Translation, "We make a lot of money on this"...

So many times a product is designed to last a long time WITH PROPER CARE. This means that proper care can depend where you live, what you do with it, and just some plain luck. If it is so recommended then why isn't this done by the factory? Whatever price you pay for it can normally be done in a factory for a lot less and while you may not get the same profit, the profit comes from volume sales.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote