Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Ok I'm thinking again and that's dangerous...

Ok was just on the patio enjoying a few of those adult frozen Capri
Suns, you know those wine coolers in a bag you put in the freezer. They never shoulda made them cause it makes you lazy, you don't gotta dig out the blender. Anyways back to the story, I was looking at the Montana and I left the outside door light on which is orange????? Ok there is another one on the other side too. Would it be illegal or ok, ok, stupid, to run down the hwy with them on... They are orange so they would be the right color, and would probably give enough light to see down the sides, and they aren't really that bright that they would blind other drivers, but would really shine good to avoid side collisions. Ok I know bad idea,,,back to my frozen baggies then, I want a peach one now.......

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
A lot of semi-trucks have orange lights on the sides.

Some of the trucks are lite-up like Christmas trees.

Some have so many lights on them that when we are driving up from behind one we sometimes think we have arrived at the next city.

Frozen baggie drinks? Hmmm.... can we have those at the baggie omelet breakfasts?
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Parrot Bay makes em as well as Dailys.....but I just bought Ketchup from Heinz in a bag???? Looked for a small bottle for in the rig and they didn't have a small bottle but they did have it in a bag.. What's next lol lol..
Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Don't get your baggie drinks and the ketchup mixed up.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
We happened onto the Daily's at Wal-Mart and boy are they good!!
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This thread is amusing! It started with a lighting question and quickly digressed into a frozen concoction discussion. It yields valuable insight into the true frame of mind and the importance of priorities in the camping lifestyle?? I think the solution would be to leave the lights on, drink frozen concoctions, let someone else drive and not worry about it too much! Ha Ha!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for the insite into the new adult beverages. This Wagon Master thing will probably go a lot better after a few of those!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Back to the topic, I think I know what you're talking about for the amber light over the door and see no reason to not have it on, but there are a few other things I don't quite get. First, the OP mentions another amber light on the other side but I don't have one (does the OP mean the Scare lights which on my rig are white and therefore not legal to leave on as side lights). I also don't know if the amber over-the-door light would work without shore power because I thought its power came from the converter which doesn't work w/o shore power. I'll guess it's on the list for things to check on the Monty.

Finally, I already have side marker lights on either side of the Monty that are low and better to see than the ones up high to provide some side collision avoidance, but with or without the lights on, if someone is blind enough to run into the side of my behemoth I'm towing then the lights weren't preventing anything. I often drive with my lights on even during the day. This doesn't hurt anything and might make me more visible even during the day.

Frozen Capri-sun-like refreshments. What a concept. I do like the fact they make one think of additional things to do to the Monty.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Well now..... SteelPony5555 started his post with the mention of frozen baggie drinks and ended his post with the mention of frozen baggie drinks. To my way of thinkin', frozen baggie drinks are as much of this topic as lights are, if not more.

DQDick and bncinwv have joined in about the frozen baggie drinks so we aren't "off topic" to be talking (dreaming) about frozen baggie drinks. Art-n-Marge popped in and says they are a thought-enhancer and PartsEd even chimed in and told us where he buys his at. Now that is in the true spirit of this forum, helping out your fellow MOCer.

SteelPony5555 actually provided a valuable service to let us know about those frozen baggie drinks. They could be a great addition (like I mentioned in my earlier post) to the wildly popular MOC Baggie Omelet Breakfasts.

I'm thinkin' and I'm not even drinkin'..... how about making up some freezer baggies with orange juice and vodka then throwin' them in the freezer overnight. The next morning they'll be slushy. Make a small hole near the top of the baggie, insert a straw and I bet you'd have folks standing in line for them. No cups needed.

I see a popular new "MOC" Rally tradition startin' here.

Thanks SteelPony5555.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Thinkin'.....is the topic!!! What better to think about than frozen concoctions? Heck....look what it did for Stanley....he ended up in the hot tub after the 'baggie breakfast!!' Me thinks frozen concoctions make a wonderful addition to the 'baggie breakfast' tradition. Lucky for all of you....I will personally forgo the hot tub part!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
tomd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5075
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Well now..... SteelPony5555 started his post with the mention of frozen baggie drinks and ended his post with the mention of frozen baggie drinks. To my way of thinkin', frozen baggie drinks are as much of this topic as lights are, if not more.

DQDick and bncinwv have joined in about the frozen baggie drinks so we aren't "off topic" to be talking (dreaming) about frozen baggie drinks. Art-n-Marge popped in and says they are a thought-enhancer and PartsEd even chimed in and told us where he buys his at. Now that is in the true spirit of this forum, helping out your fellow MOCer.

SteelPony5555 actually provided a valuable service to let us know about those frozen baggie drinks. They could be a great addition (like I mentioned in my earlier post) to the wildly popular MOC Baggie Omelet Breakfasts.

I'm thinkin' and I'm not even drinkin'..... how about making up some freezer baggies with orange juice and vodka then throwin' them in the freezer overnight. The next morning they'll be slushy. Make a small hole near the top of the baggie, insert a straw and I bet you'd have folks standing in line for them. No cups needed.

I see a popular new "MOC" Rally tradition startin' here.

Thanks SteelPony5555.
It appears SteelPony5555 has gome from a Cable Splicer to a Baggie Spiker. Not a bad tradeoff.
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
LOL LOL Ok seriously first yes I have orange porch or scare lights on both sides of my rig. Not sure if in the past maybe someone replaced the clear lens with the orange to avoid bugs which we have a lot of. I never tried my lights on with out the shore power so now I got to try them. You done burst my bubble cause now if they only work on shore power I just wasted a lot of brain power thinking this up.... As far as the Capri Suns for adults(as I call them) I can give a very expert product report on them. IMHO the Parrot Bay ones are the best so far. They have Mango, Strawberry and Peach daiquiri and Pina Colada. The Dailey ones are a little more icy if you know what I mean, sort of the difference between a Slurpee and DQ's Icees. But they got all the above flavors and also Pomergranite and margarita... Also now Arbor Mist just came out with several that I have not tried but they are in the rigs freezer as we speak to be sampled later. They have white wine with Pear and Merlot Blackberry....which should be interesting as Arbor Mists Blackberry Merlot is one of my favorite wines. Now don't make fun of me cause it's still a step up from Boonesfarm and some of the other ones I used to drink many moons ago. Seagrams also has the frozen bag drinks too and I think their Margarita one is the best for margies. No fuss no mess we just pound em to mush em up and then cut a small corner off and squish it up like a push up. Perfect in the hot tub or sittin around a camp fire. There now you have the rest of the store lol lol lol....
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

I appreciate all the time and money you have invested into the research of these items.

It's a dirty job... but someone had to do it.

Thank you very much.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
To Art--- That is what we call Hijacking a thread on a different site I belong to. It normally involves pictures of a train that has gone off the tracks, etc...

To SteelPony---I believe our outside light is clear, but don't quote me....
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Steelpony5555.... our two big round, outside lights (one high up on each side of the rig) are white/clear... like the color of the pinacolada flavored frozen baggie drink.

And our porch light is orangish... like the peach flavored frozen baggie drink.

I dare anyone to say I hijacked a topic! *LOL

Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Yeah I just checked again,,,they are as you say guess it was my SOB I was thinking of,,,oh well was a good idea while it lasted lol. Coulda been 1 too many frozen concoctions...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #17
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I think you find the light itself does not put off enough light to actually see anything while driving down the road.

The more frozen baggies you consume the harder it will be to focus ......
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote