Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Pirit Hose Hook-Up

Good morning:

We have purchased a heater hose (Pirit) and discovered that the RV side of the connection has the thermostat and needs to be exposed to the elements. Our connection is inside the compartment on the RV.

Has any Pirit hose users out there had issue with the connection being inside the water hookup compartment? I am hoping the access hole will be sufficient exposure.

Thanks and happy Friday!

Sue & Harv

RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm guessing the compartment you are referring to is the convenience center that is somewhat inside the rig but probably more exposed to the elements than not. I suppose this compartment just might be a different temperature from what you'd prefer to keep the exposed part of the supply hose protected.

How about creating a small length of hose that puts the thermostat back outside? You'll probably have to create this piece yourself so you can create the exact length you need. Then putting the proper hose ends on it will allow it to make the connections. Since the Pirit will be ensuring the water temperature is good in the exposed section of hose wouldn't this small section be safe from problems since water will be at a good temperature in most of the supply?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Just buy a "leader hose" it is about 5 foot long. There used to hook up hose reels,etc:
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
I bought the hose repair ends at Wal Mart and using a small piece of old hose I made a small section allowing me to "reverse" the hose.

Good luck on the Pirit, I have been through 2 of them in 2 years. One was replaced under warranty when the heating element quit, the second one did the same thing a few months later. I ended up tossing it and went back to a white hose wrapped with heat tape and insulation.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Thank you for your suggestions, I was thinking the leader hose would be the way to go. Thanks for the heads up on the problems with the hose, hope we have better luck! I am seeing mixed reviews, but most are happy with it. Anyway, we will give it a try with a "plan B" just in case! This is our first time full timing in the winter months, should be an experience!

Have a nice weekend!
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote