Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #21
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The dealer said they will try to get the fridge fixed in the two weeks they have the rig for the camera system installation. If they don't, rest assured the fridge will be in use the week of Thanksgiving. We really don't have a choice, and I truly believe that a fridge that has only been used for five days should be safe to operate for another nine days anyway. While I understand the recall, it baffles me that Norcold would be telling us to not use the refrigerators at all. I think they are more interested in covering their behind than in giving us all an honest assessment of what the problem is and the risks involved. After all if it wasn't for Helen, we would not even know about the recall!! Our dealer did not even know about it, they copied the pages I printed off that Helen quoted for their use and their reference!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 AM   #22
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Thanks for all the great info. My fridge is on the list, too. Called the dealer and hopefully my parts will be in by my Nov. 8th service call.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #23
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
Not to change the subject, but when I looked at the serial number after pulling the access door, I noticed a white hose with a plug in it. The hose ended in more or less a tray. What is this, and does the plug need to be removed?
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #24
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Its not a plug it's designed to let the water leak out.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
As Steve said the plug is designed to be in the tube! It is to let the water out from the drip tray in the frig and the plug is in there to keep he critters(bugs) out! There were several missing them from their units while at the Fall Rall and I went to about four salvage yards for RVs in the area and none of them had the plug for the end of the hose.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #26
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by boje

Not to change the subject, but when I looked at the serial number after pulling the access door, I noticed a white hose with a plug in it. The hose ended in more or less a tray. What is this, and does the plug need to be removed?
Leave the black piece in the hose, it keeps the bugs out. It should be checked occasionally to make sure that the small hole is not plugged up though, as that will cause the drip catch pan in the refrigerator to fill up and overflow and make a mess.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #27
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Well the saga continues......I have been waiting for parts for my Norcold and just learned from my Service Tech that when he didn 't receive the parts and called Norcold they claim they had no record of my reporting my serial number and no record of my call!!! This after they threatened not to be held liable if I failed to unplug my unit and I had a fire!

He originally gave them the serial number off the fridge and my vin number from the Big Sky when he originally called for parts.....but now they want the 'group number' number off the fridge (which is the actual serial number of the fridge) and the date of purchase of the rig.

So, now we wait again.....this is beyond infuriating......

UPDATE: Repair Tech called me back to say Norcold is sending the parts and he hopes to be able to do the repair on Thursday.

ALSO: Just remembered that on my original call to Norcold I was not getting anywhere with the rep and requested to speak to a Supervisor which I did and I find it odd that they have no record of either conversation.....things that make say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Betty

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #28
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Well, we got our part, but the repair guy refused to put it in, saying it would take 2 hours and he would have to take the fridge out, blah blah blah. And, Norcold would only pay him for 1/2 hour of work. I called Norcold to make sure he didn't file a claim. So, we will have to find someone else. Luckily we are having lunch tomorrow with some MOCer's from this area and I'm sure they can point us in the right direction.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bob n pam

Well, we got our part, but the repair guy refused to put it in, saying it would take 2 hours and he would have to take the fridge out, blah blah blah. And, Norcold would only pay him for 1/2 hour of work. I called Norcold to make sure he didn't file a claim. So, we will have to find someone else. Luckily we are having lunch tomorrow with some MOCer's from this area and I'm sure they can point us in the right direction.
According to the notice we received, Norcold should be able to assist you in finding someone to do the install.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote