Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
LEAKY GRAY TANK

Will be at the MOC Rally and having trouble with the gray tank leaking again so am wondering if a person can buy a replacement and take it with and install it at home. I know that shipping is almost as much as the tank cost so I would like to buy a replacement and install at a later date and when I do, make some supports and install some rubber couplings to insure that this problem does not occur again.

I was at the RV show in Little Rock earlier this year and talked to a company rep and I asked him if they had taken any steps to insure that leaky tanks would not be a problem in the newer models and he told me that he attened production meeting every week and was not aware of any problems with the tanks. I asked him what planet he had been living on.

Any info on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kountry Traveler

kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Keystone reps will be at the rally and I would be hitting them up on how to get the replacement and if that fails the factory can tell you (by your VIN #) what model tank you have and maybe you can get one at one of the surplus places in the area.
Tiara RV may be able to help you get one also, they are a Montana dealer in Elkhart and have been a good supporter of Moc rallies.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The tank manufacturer is right around the corner from the factory.We purchased two tanks direct from them and a reallly good price.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
The manufacturer of your tank based on your VIN is not really accurate. We just had a leak in our galley tank and Keystone, once again, told the dealer to verify the tank. In our 2006 we had a Travelstar tank; in our 2009, we have an Ameri-Kart. It's best to visually verify the tank that you have, in our opinion.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote