Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Does Keystone hear our complaints/praises?

I'm curious. I have read a few complaints on this forum and many more praises about Keystone products, customer service, etc. Do any of you know if Keystone ever looks at this board to see what we are saying?

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We have been told at the Rally's:
YES
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bernie and Tammy,

At the MOC Annual Rallies we have been told by various Keystone Representatives that they do look at the Forum. Whether or not they read each and every post is another matter. My guess is that they only look at threads that somehow peak their interest. To my knowledge they do NOT respond directly via or to the Forum. Perhaps someone has other information. If they do perhaps they will come along and let us know.

Do you have a particular question you want to pose to them? If so it is probably best to call them or try an email. If you are in a hurry the phone is probably best. A number of people have tried the email process and the results have varied greatly. From never getting a reply to getting an answer in just hours.

There! I've told you all I know about the process!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Carol is right. I was told by reps that they DO monitor this site. I even was at a meeting when a rep talked about this site. I feel that some times that Keystone gets beat up on some things that is not their fault. Like getting in trouble for what you brother did.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes they do. We have heard that from Keystone and Montana reps. It would be foolish if they did not. There is much good information here. That is why we should, when posting on the forum be aware that Keystone/ Montana reps MAY be looking in and our comments when reporting problems should be clear,concise,detailing what the problems is and suggested solutions. a pat on the back every now and then will not hurt.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I do not believe they look at it and if by some chance they do it's not anyone who is interested enough to respond. I do not remember anyone on here ever saying they got a response from Keystone to a post on here. If Keystone and its dealer network were taking care of their customers you wouldn't see as many complaints on here as you do. They would not elevate to this level of frustration. I wouldn't expect them to say they do not read it when they are attending an event full of MOC members. These people are representing Keystone the company and their careers would be short if they didn't put on a good "show". I am much more impressed by actions than sales BS. As far as I am concerned they don't look at it and do not care. They already have your money.

I never look at anything work related when I am off. I see enough all day
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thanks for the responses gang! I don't have any questions or anything for them. I am just curious if they tend to keep an ear tuned in to what their customers are saying. More of a curiousity thing. Thanks again!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
mtpocket2 -

I have been to all of the rallies at Goshen and talked to the personnel at the factory each time. You could tell that they monitor the forum. Many of the problems that they have had are a result of suppliers. Not only do they monitor the forum, they also ask - and make changes - based on responses from MOC members attending the rallies. We get to see the new stuff before their dealers do in most cases. Like the air bed in the sofa - it just happened to be set up right as you entered the plant. We saw many new items that they are looking at making standard at the last rally. They even had us pick the top (3) on a survey sheet as we finished going through the new coaches. I am sorry that you haven't gotten tbe response you want. I haven't always either. I can tell you, though, that the MOC is what will have us in another Montana instead of SOB.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
ramies
As I said in my post actions speak louder than words. Do you have any examples of them responding directly to a customer based on a post? I have not heard any. All I can base my opinion on is my personal experience since I have no evidence to the contrary.

AS far as the suppliers go I wouldn't cut them a bit of slack over that. That's passing the buck. They have in their power to make things right. If they make a mistake and align themselves with a bad supplier they have two choices. Suck it up and make it right or blame the supplier.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Mtpocket2,

I have only contacted Montana on one occasion, that was two plus years ago when we got our coach. I had a couple screws missing and I wanted to make sure I had a few spares so if I needed to replace anything it would match my brand new unit. I was sent not just a couple of screws but more than a handful of everyone they use while making a Monty. I now have them in a storage case and if I ever need one I have a replacement. The person I spoke to at Montana/Keystone could not have been more helpful. I remember posting the name and thanking him on this forum as well.

I'm a very happy customer.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Maybe I can give a example..At the rally in Sept both Jason Lippert(owner of Lippert) and Aram Koltookian(product manager of Montana) were on their hand and knees under Montana's looking at those broken cable hangers That Jason Lippert said he had never heard of the problem, a fine example of insulating the boss, Well MOC members were glad to show them the problem..A shinny new 08 Montana was parked behind us this week. Just picked up and on its shake down trip. While introducing the new owner to the MOC we also were pointing out possible problem areas one of them the broken cable hanger problem. We were surprised to see a different bracket assembly on the new 08 montana right in the problem area... coincidence????? Maybe, Maybe not.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
richfaa
Seems to re-enforce the fact they are not reading the forums or at least the people who should be are not. Since the forum consists of a very very small percentage of the Montana owners out there I would believe the change was brought about by warranty claims more than anything else.

Icehouse
Look what you started. Shame Shame
Old 12-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Guys, this website's address is in their sales brochures, look at page 12 of the 2007 brochure, lover right hand corner. If they posted the URL they'd be damned fools if they didn't monitor it for potential customer's sake. Common sense (and business sense) dictates that they monitor the postings here for improvements and failure analysis. Part of my job is provisioning of spare parts for new equipment, I wish I had the data that this site provides for mean time between failures, system design shortfalls, etc.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #14
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
As a new 3400RL owner (October) I obviously have no direct experience that Keystone has answered any concerns I may have posted via the MOC.

I have communicated to Keystone via email twice on two different issues. Two Keystone reps responded promptly and resolved those two issues via the email process. Admittedly they were not complex issues but Keystone satisfied my inquiries. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 AM   #15
dennisl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7484
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtpocket2

I do not believe they look at it and if by some chance they do it's not anyone who is interested enough to respond. I do not remember anyone on here ever saying they got a response from Keystone to a post on here. If Keystone and its dealer network were taking care of their customers you wouldn't see as many complaints on here as you do. They would not elevate to this level of frustration. I wouldn't expect them to say they do not read it when they are attending an event full of MOC members. These people are representing Keystone the company and their careers would be short if they didn't put on a good "show". I am much more impressed by actions than sales BS. As far as I am concerned they don't look at it and do not care. They already have your money.

I never look at anything work related when I am off. I see enough all day
I think we may be talking about two different things here - MONITORING the site versus RESPONDING to the site. If I had a complaint about Keystone that needed to be resolved for me personally, then I would deal DIRECTLY with the company. I would NOT expect Keystone (or any other manufacturer) to respond ON THIS WEBSITE to a complaint I had. I would however, expect them to MONITOR this site for problems, complaints, compliments, suggestions, etc. so they could have a "feel" for what their customers and potential customers are saying about their products. It would only make good business sense to do so. I think the original poster was curious about the monitoring, not about the responding directly to complaints.
dennisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #16
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
I agree with Dennis on Keystone's roll on this forum.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
mtpocket2

Now, my ole memory ain't what it used to be, danged thing leaks all over the place,

But, it seems to me, that there was a member that had a fire, in the battery area????, and that they posted their experience on the forum, they were full timers the way I remember it. I thought that they next morning they received a PHONE CALL from someone at Keystone, and they were promised help, and that they got the help. Stuff like cooperating with the dealer and seeing that they got the parts they needed in a timely manner. This person who had the fire was very happy with this, and they are back living in that unit.

Another example: early 3295 units had the pump switch and those annoying tank level indicators, way back in the back of the unit, in the kitchen, where you could not get to them UNLESS the kitchen slide was open. They read on the forum how some of us were tying in another switch and putting it up mid coach so we could use the water (toilet) while running, withOUT having to open the slides. Was not long when we noted that the new 3295's were coming out with all that switch stuff mid coach.

And, again, excuse the ole leaky brain, but it seems I remember that there was a quality issue with the staples. I think the staples were going in too far. We heard that they (management) looked into this situation and then stated they were going to make adjustments to the staple guns, by putting some control on it (help me here guys, I cannot think of the correct term). I cannot recall hearing much about this staple thing since then????

At the Rally's we have had "Show and Tell". Al and I participated in that the first couple of times, and I had several management dudes at my rig making notes on all of our improvements. I could hear this guy's pencil scratching, man he was writing fast! They sure were interested. Course, that is NOT reading the forum, so, let's forget this one!

AS far as suppliers, many of these suppliers have the market all tied up, why??? cause they are the ONLY supplier! Now, this is NOT a good thing, for you, for me, for Keystone. Ya need a part for your oven, and there is only one manufacturer (this is true, by the way, there was a problem a few years back with the supplier and there were NO ovens to be had, industry wide!!!). Not all of our vendor supplied items in our rigs have any competition. GULP!

Having met a number of the managers of Montana division in person, I have to say, that if they say they are reading the forum, they are. They are not evil dirty lying souls. They are decent, really nice people.

That said, quality control seems to be a big issue, always! SIGHHHH

ON EDIT: I agree with Dennis as well! Good point!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #18
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I have to kinda agree with Dennis and Carol about the management reading this forum.
Personally, if I was a manager posting on this forum, like the administrators and moderators, I wouldn't want anyone to know my true identity. (by the way, I don't know for a fact they do any posting here) Why, well where would people stop the barrage of questions as to why this is the way it is or why didn't I do that or, well I think you get the idea!
Yes, they do monitor this forum, how do I know, Aram said so and I believe the man to be truthful!
Most of the changes made to the new units are results of the Montana managers visiting our rallies and seeing first hand the improvements we made or asked for!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #19
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Carol certainly hit the nail on the head. They are nice people when you talk to them and treat them like you would want to be treated. I have had some dealings with them and nothing but great people to deal with. They may tell something you don't want to hear but are truthful. Like said if you have a issue Keystone will address it by talking to you and not here on this form. I think you started something that you will not win at. Two many people here has been treated fairly by them and will defend them.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #20
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have no personal experience with Keystone monitoring or not monitoring, but if I were in business and knew of a forum as big as this that was strictly devoted to my product, I would have an employee watching it for suggestions, ideas, fixes, etc. (Whew! long sentence.) What better way to improve on your product than to garnish the wealth of information contained in one area.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote