Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
French Camp RV Park and Golf Course

Arrived her Yesterday Friday 12/16. Nice park in the middle of a golf course, infact the back-in spaces are on the fairways. All the ammenities, they even pick up you trash in the mornings as well as fill propane tanks if you leave them infront of your space (just pay for the propane when you leave). The store and resturant have survice to your space. Only drawback is that the spaces are kind of tight to turn into both back-in and pull through. If you like golf, I haven't played in years, the couse is pretty good. It deffently lives up to its ratings in Trailer Life.

jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks for the update, Jim. We are trying to find a good park that is within 50 miles of my oldest daughter who lives in Benicia. We would be staying probably a week. Are the sites narrow after you get in or just hard to get into?
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We've stayed at French Camp a number of times. It is so weird. Here they have a really nice RV park and make it somewhat difficult to get into the sites because of rocks and trees placed very near the entrance turning points! The site are plenty wide. And if you're lucky you'll get a chance to swing into your site easily. We always end up having to pull way forward and then backing up for exact positioning. The sites are no harder to get into than the ones at Shasta!

It is a very nice park. A bit pricey and during busy season it helps to have a reservation.

Sue we've also stayed at the Sugar Barge RV park on Bethel Island. It is a nice park and is about 35 miles from Benicia. Of course you're familiar with the Bay area traffic so I don't need to say anything about that.

About the same distance north and east of Benicia just north of Vacaville is Neil's Vineyard RV park. Another nice park located in a grove of eucalyptus. It is also about 35 miles from Benicia.

Either way you have a bit of a drive but as you know there simply aren't many RV parks in the Bay area. If I remember correctly there is a park right near Benicia near the bridge. But we've never stayed there and I think it may be in a "questionable" area. You'd probably know more about that area than we do.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Dennis
Thanks for the input. Cliff, our son-in-law, checked out the 2 listed in or near Benicia and one was closed and the other he said he would fight us if we stayed there! We will have to check out Neil's. Haven't heard of it. Denni, our daughter, works for the City of Napa and the County Fair Grounds does have an RV park but no sewer. However, we were by there the other day and they were doing major construction - cement pads, etc. So we are hoping they are putting in sewer also. I found 2 campgrounds on Bethel Island but we haven't checked them out yet. Glad to hear the report on one. We will be up there at the end of Janurary so may do some exploring. Denni's (she is state President of CAPPO) state conference is in Napa January 22--27 and I'm on the conference committee so we will stay at the hotel.
Happy trails............................
Old 12-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 AM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
OK, everything sounds great about this cg, golf, resturant, propane! WHAT state are we talking about here?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Steve, California! Come on out.
Mike, Ed's backing skills are pretty good. We only have a few inches on either side when we park the Monty here at the house. Of course there is that corner of the garage roof that is no longer there. Second try he got over to the other side and the LR slide is about 2 inches from opening all the way but it hasn't been a problem so far. The CG at Shasta helps to improve your backing skills as well as all of the help you get from fellow MOCers. LOL
Happy trails....................
Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Parrothead,

The spaces are wide, the back-in's are set so you can park your TV along side. On the pull throughs we had a truck sticking out of his space across from us and with the rocks at the corners of the pull in it was hard to make. I just moved the rocks and kept on turning in. The hook-ups are at the end of the space so, two water hoses, two drain lines and two tv cable lines helped with the hook-up. With that said, it is a very nice park, prices seem to be about avg for this part of calif. $84 for Sat and Sun night. No discounts given on Friday nights or Saturdays otherwise 10% for Good Sam, AARP, etc.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
>

I will probably need some help. I do know where the R is on my transmission...but I thought it meant "rest."
Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Mike, Yeah that's Ed's thinking also. He always asks me when I choose a CG if there are pull throughs. The nice thing about Shasta is you have a lot of room once you get parked. It is the trees that cause the problem but they are beautiful. Really a wonderful CG.
Happy trails........................
Old 12-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #11
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
It's the "once you get parked" that has me curious. Well, May is only a few months and 400 miles away...see you there...I wonder if their streets are wide enough to park in and people can get by...
Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I've loaded a few pictures on my PictureTrail site. If you'd like to get an idea of what the spaces and park looks like at French Camp. They are located in the "Canada" album. They should be the first five to come up.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks Dennis. It does look like a nice park. I think we could manage for a week or two there just fine.
Happy trails.........................