Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Skeet shooting

Here lately I have gotten into Skeet shooting. Santa brought me a double arm target thrower. I am getting much better.
Anyway, is there any campgrounds that allow shooting or offer a skeet range?

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hi Rick - I think you will find very few that would have something like that available. Probably due to the liability. I shoot sporting Clay, and really enjoy it. I have found that planning my trips, I try to locate a skeet or trap club or sporting clay club in the area of the campground. That will probably be your best bet.
I think it's a great sport and a whole lot more fun that most of the samboree's (tossing bean bags through a hole in a piece of plywood) just doesn't turn my CRANK if you know what I mean.

Safe Travel keep your powder dry. Later John H (aka Hemlockusa)
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
truckdoc& hemlockusa..I to am a sport shooter.I think the NRA has a listing of ranges and clubs around the country..Will check it out.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Years ago we tent camped at a campground in So. Calif. that had a shooting range. We went several times and I know there were RVs there also. I don't know if it is still there or if they still have the range. I can't remember the name of the campground as it was 20+ years ago. But Rich's thought about the NRA is probably good. We are members also. We found some of the local ranges are closed to members only which seems weird because they could charge and make some money. There is a really neat range north of Las Vegas on the way to Utah that not only has clay throws but several areas where you go around and shoot at different targets. There is probably a name for these type of areas but I don't know what it is.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Go to NRA.org Bottom of the page, right side..look for range services, click on find a local range,select state..example there are 145 NRA approved ranges in Texas.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Well thanks for the information. Within the next couple of years I will have my range set up. I will not open to general public. But people I know... When I am done I will have about 5 RV pads. We will have to get together sometime.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:36 AM   #7
Montana_5204

M.O.C. #5204
Check with Hidden Valley Ranch just north of Deming, NM. They are 12 miles north of Deming out in the desert & they advertize shooting in the TL directory. We just spent 3 weeks there in December of '05. I don't think it's very organized, but they have a shooting range & they are right next to BLM land. I didn't do any shooting while I was there but several of the other people I talked to said they do from time to time. So, if you're ever going to southern NM check with them. It's a nice place with easy direct desert access for hiking & ATVing without having to get on public roads. Just call before 1:00 or 2:00 PM because the office closes pretty early. They're really nice folks & very easy to get along with. Bob C.
Montana_5204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks Bob. I'll put that CG on my list.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #9
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Check out the Ben Avery Shooting Facility just north of Phoenix. They have RV sites and every kind of shooting you'd like to do! It's run by AZ Game and Fish.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Now I bet that's a safe state GC to stay at! Everyones armed and everyone knows it.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:05 AM   #11
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
I went Phesant shooting yesterday and asked them why they do not put in a few RV pads. Mark the owner said they plan to put in 4 full hook ups.
It is just west of Hugo Oklahoma.