Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #1
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Made in America

Hits home for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_M#action=share
Mike

pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Another great clip that makes sense. Thanks, Jim
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Pretty much sums it up, that is why I am so proud to be part owner of a Company that is 100% American made with American workers www.silverstagknives.com ,It would have been SOOOOOO much cheaper to have our product made in China(like others in our industry) but we are living proof that a company can make a outstanding product AND pay our workers good wages being made in U.S.A..and we are still going strong at 13 years now, THANK YOU Everybody for buying our product and supporting Made in U.S.A.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I have been doing that for years, but that's because I worked in the auto industry and saw first hand the jobs leaving. It I find two items in a store and one is made in America and one is foreign, I buy the American one. But like the video says, you have to be careful. Lots of items say Made in America, but small print may say from parts made in Mexico or some other foreign country. Along those same lines, I get a kick out of commercials for Honda and Toyota touting that they are made in America. It's only partially true, they are assembled here, but most, perhaps all their parts are made overseas. Unfortunately, in order to compete, the US auto industry has been forced to do the same. At one time everything on a US built car was made here, but now it's down to something like 40% (give or take). I believe trucks have the highest US made content though. When I hired into Pontiac Motors, in Pontiac Michigan, they employed over 21,000 hourly folks and another 6,000 salary people. Now that Pontiac is gone, nearly all of the Pontiac plants have been bulldozed, except for one that still makes sheet metal parts for the nearby Lake Orion assembly plant. That one stamping plant, which alone had well over 1,000 workers now has around 150. So that facility went from a combined workforce of 27,000 people down to 150. And as the film points out, the economic effect on the community was devastating. Both Flint, Detroit, Lansing, Saginaw, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids, all cities in Michigan all had similar stories. For years, the sad joke was "will the last person to leave Michigan please turn out the lights?". So when we go to the Fall Rally, and I hear all those trains, I don't get annoyed. Those trains mean people in the area are working, and that's a good thing!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Pretty much sums it up, that is why I am so proud to be part of a Company that is 100% American made with American workers www.silverstagknives.com ,It would have been SOOOOOO much cheaper to have our product made in China but we are living proof that a company can make a superior product AND pay our workers good wages being made in U.S.A..and we are still going strong at 13 years now, THANK YOU Everybody for buying our product and supporting Made in U.S.A.
You are blessed to work at a company who puts its workers livelihood over its bottom line.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx Tom,it has not always been easy but it is the right thing to do ,we have a loyal customer base who value Made in USA and also demand a high quality product for a reasonable price for their hard earned money