Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Headed to Florida, ended up in Sedona

We left Puerto Vallarta, Mexico March 13th heading to Ocala, Florida to do my first work camping job. We even rented out our Marina Vallarta basin condo and I was really looking forward to do some "working" and spending more time in my Monty. Since retiring from skippering yachts, I really miss “working” any type of working. Anyway, while we were in San Carlos, Mexico heading towards the border I broke my ankle. Don’t ask me how, because all I did was step on the RV pad as we set up for the night, there was a snap and then lots of pain from my left ankle. My trip was scrubbed and I have ended up in Sedona Arizona nursing my ankle while caretaking a ranch for the widow of a great friend we met in Puerto Vallarta.

Since arriving here as the spring season has set in I have learn a lesson about birds, they love to make their nest in the hollow area of the pin box. For the last two days I have had a running battle with a red headed bird that just can’t take being evicted from the pin box. It’s funny because I have used masking tape, cardboard and plastic wire ties to keep this bird out of the pin box, but he manages to pull the tape, peck a hole in the cardboard and get between the wire ties to make a nest. Sedona is beautiful and I believe Karma brought us here, I’ll just have to figure out away to keep this Red Headed Bird from evicting me.
Tony

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey Tony, if you need a handy guy for a few days, let me know, we will be heading that way in a few month's. Don't do windows...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We have to keep our pin box stuffed with towels, before that we had nest two different times.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We are currently using a plastic water bottle. Seems to have discouraged our nesters. For the moment.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Try a rubber snake. Birds don't like them and it works sometimes.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote