Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Jewels
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13667
Where The Heck Is The Water Pump??

Pleased to say that I got the trailer winterized yesterday! Thanks to some previous posts regarding adding a washer to the inlet line I was able to get the job done. My one question is that I ran the washer as directed in the owners manual and what came out the drain was pink, so am hoping that the water lines there are protected, as they are NOT accessible.

My big question now is where is the water pump located and is it accessible? I can hear it, but looked and looked for a way to access it with no luck! This is a 2014 3750, and as always, any help is appreciated. Cannot believe the Montana "manual" which says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You would think SOME documentation would be included wouldn't you?

Thanks in advance!

Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
On our 2011 model (I very much doubt if it is any different on yours), the water pump is located directly behind the convenience center. It is accessible by removing the basement wall section immediately next to the convenience center. Here is a photograph showing the location. The blue arrow is pointing to the Flojet water pump. Do not be intimidated by the spaghetti assortment of the wiring!

Oh, and keep in mind the best documentation source is the one that you referenced, the MOC!!

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
Jewels
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13667
Thank you for that. Figured you would know for sure!

How difficult is it to remove the "wall" separating the two? Is it made to be removed and replaced, or is it a job? Sure was noisy when running so thought I may try to see what I could do to quiet it down some.

Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
There are Phillips head screws at the top and bottom of the wall section which are very easy to remove. If you look in the basement from the convenience center side, it will be the first black panel on the right that you need to remove. You do not have to remove the convenience center wall (the white plastic part). A lot of members have had success by re-mounting the water pump with some foam or rubber cushioning beneath it. I would think large rubber washers of the appropriate size would also work. The other choice is to replace the pump with a quieter model. Oh and with regards to the washer (I assume you mean washing machine), as long as you cycled both hot and cold water through the machine, and then hit the spin cycle, you are good to go.
Bingo
Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Jewels
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13667
The washing machine instructions said to put it on warm, fill the tub until it started to agitate, then turn to spin to empty drum. I did this. When I looked at the output, it was pure pink. Think I'm covered?

Thanks for the info on the basement wall and quieting the pump. I know I am gonna have to get quick on "picking your brain" on the 3750, as soon it will become but a distant memory as you turn your focus to that BEAUTIFUL Big Sky!

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
To be on the safe side, we run cold until pink is in the drum. Repeat for hot, then spin the drum dry. I would think warm=hot+cold, but letting you know how we do it. No problems in seven years with this method.
Bingo