Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
Need Slide Out Part.

Hello, I’m looking for a part for my kitchen slide out, it is a Lippert Hydra Gear slide. The valve for the kitchen slide is striped out, can not close the valve so that that slide will not go out when outing out the other slides, lippert has only got the complete assembly for $230.00 shipped, I am just looking for the knob and fitting witch lippert dose not stock any more, any one of you know of a place that deals in Montana used selvage part? I’m going to try post two picture of what I am looking for. Thank you very much for any help or info.

BigSkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
BigSkys, I would suggest trying a business like Tractor supply, or a farm machinery business. They would have a good stock of hydraulic parts. Also Napa may be able to help. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
How about a R V salvage yard.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If you cannot locate the original ... just install a ball valve rated for hydraulic pressures (not a ball valve like you would buy at Lowes in the plumbing department as the system pressure is well over 1000 PSI) in series between the hydraulic block and the line that goes to your kitchen slide. You'll have to get a couple of JIC fittings to complete the connection.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
Thank you dieselguy.
I found this online, you think it may work for per what you said?

Two Piece Ball Valve, FNPT x MNPT Connection, Max. Pressure 1000 psi WOG, Full Port, Material of Construction Forged Brass, Seats PTFE, Stem Blowout Proof, Handle Round

Item Ball Valve
Type Two Piece
Connection FNPT x MNPT
Max. Pressure 1000 psi WOG
Pipe Size 1/4"
Port Full
Material of Construction Forged Brass
Seats PTFE
Stem Blowout Proof
Handle Round
Temp. Range (F) -40 to 300
Overall Length (In.) 1-15/16

Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
To be on the safe side, I'll do a pressure check of my hyd system as I believe the pump runs in excess of 1000 PSI. I'll post back tonight or tomorrow. If your hose ends are 1/4" pipe thread ... you'll be good there ... mine were #4 JIC ftgs.

On Edit: My system runs around 1800 psi with a few higher spikes. I called Lippert's Tech Line (866-524-7821) ... they say their hoses are rated at 2300 psi which as in any industry includes a safety factor. I don't think the valve you found will suit your needs. Look for one in the 2000 - 2500 psi range as it will match the entire system.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #7
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
Thank You dieselguy.
I do more Searches and see what I can come up with. I have also been thinking of milling my oun Replacement brass valve stem for it, as that is the part that is damaged. I had to take it apart in peaces so I would not damage the brass fitting, here is a picture of it.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If you have the capabilities and material ... do er up. It'll be better than what China sent us anyways. I fab and repair alot of my own stuff also ... the quality and pride in what you do is all but gone in the service sector in the US of A.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
I think I have the capabilities and I have ordered the materials, I’m going to make a make shift turning lathe with two or three ¼” sealed ball bearings, a short peace of 1/2 in. x 12 in. Angle 1/16 in. Thick Aluminum, I have a 12” flex shaft for my drill that I will use to power it with. The most critical part of the job will be valve stem seat and the thread size.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I talked to a local trailer parts supplyer and he was going to order me 4-12v normaly open valves and I was going to install them inline after the shutoffs and wire them to switches inside to run out any one at a time. Just never got around to it. that was last yr time flies when you are having FUN.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Bobby: Make sure if you do get around to ordering the valves that they are free reverse flow. When I added the 12 volt blocking valves to my fiver, I could not get the slides to come back in until I ordered the right cartriges that had free reverse flow.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:30 AM   #12
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
I am ready to start cutting the new valve stem for the bedroom valve block, here are a few pic's.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #13
BigSkys
Established Member

M.O.C. #10086
Just got my bedroom slide working like new again, had to turn the valve stem three times and finaly got the valve stem right.
Here are two pictures.