Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We cooled right down into the 60's today, Jim - if that makes you feel any better...

Actually by the time we leave, there is supposed to be quite a warm up in the upper midwest. 60's for an extended period, which is about 15 degrees ABOVE normal. All the snow should be gone by the time we get there.

Have fun at the KY Horse Park. Get pictures of Rich on a horse...

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are now in Berea ,Ky next door to Jim and Carol. There are 3 Montana's in a row here. 2 3400's with Jim and Carol's 2980 in the middle. Was thrilled to set up in rain, sleet and a bit of snow. There was not a dry or warm spot on me. Great dinner with great folks made everything better.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are now in Wapakoneta, OH, the Lakewood Village RV Resort. We spent the last two nights in Lexington, KY and visited the Kentucky Horse Park with Rich and Helen. What a beautiful park and it has a campground on the site. The only thing missing in the entire two days there was no sewers. Since that is the only missing item, it was a really great experience. There were shows and museums to horses of all kinds. A beautiful statue to Man-O-War and we even saw Helen riding a horse. Had lunch with them today near Covington, KY and then they went northeast on I-71 at Cincinnati while we continued north on I-75. When we got to our campground, we called Steve and Patty Emmel and had dinner with them. Great people all. Carol and I were talking and I believe that this is the finest journey that I have ever been on since we first started RVing. Traveling to Florida, being hired and working for Disney World with Mickey Mouse, camping with Rich and Helen and Dave and Cheryl at Mouse Mountain, slowly taking over two weeks to get from Central Florida to our home in Michigan, weather great until hitting the freezing weather as we got into Tennessee and KY but, since we have the Monty, all is well with the weather, too. Now on to Michigan where I will spend the spring, summer and fall working part time at Waldenwoods RV Resort as a ranger, preparing for the 2008 MOC Fall Rally, traveling to Goshen for the rally, then back to Disney and then, if the fuel situation stabilizes, on to Texas to see what that scene is all about. As I found out at Disney - I am living my dream.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:33 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are also home. It was a excellent winter . Good friends are hard to come by and we have met many via the MOC. Jim & Carol Boylan are just great folks and it is our pleasure to call them friends. Our summer travel adventures are on hold perhaps never to happen..Just don't have the budget to cover what we had planned.We have two MOC rallies and one FCRV rally all within 300 miles of home and we are still including them on our schedule. I start driving bus Monday..The school was on the phone today phone..that will help.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, glad you and Helen made it up safely. I take it you did not get on a horse???

Jim, glad you guys enjoyed the winter. Looking forward to next year down here. Have fun this summer.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The 3400 is in the driveway "dry dock" being inspected , repaired and retrofitted. Goes in for black tank replacement Tuesday the 29th covered by our Rv Shield "service contract" Helen had the W/D pulled out yesterday.She reported her findings in the ladies section. Freezer is in the garage as is everything that was in the front and side compartments..not everything will go back in. Helen is out there now cleaning, sorting, etc.Carpets will be cleaned as soon as it warms up a bit,,rain today. We will be lighter when we reload. This is one of the advantages of being long timers and having a stick house..we can move out of the 3400 and do what needs to be done. The 06 3400 did well this winter trip only the black tank cracked.If all goes well we will head toward Gettysburg and the MOC Northeast Rally May 26th. By the way it is good to be home ..Long showers, endless hot water, flush Johns..lots of room..but looking forward to the next pull..the best of both worlds..Life is good..