Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Mystery leak

About 3 weeks ago we noticed an intermittent leak. It appears as a wet area along the left side of the bottom step going up to the bedroom. Have pulled the wood grate from the cold air return and the white cover in the basement. There is no visible leak in those areas. Also pulled the panels on the shower, again bone dry. Thought it might be the V/B valve for the flusher, but it is also dry. Only water seems to be under one of the aluminum tubes and the linoleum floor covering, but no indication of how it got there. Thought maybe the kitchen slide might be leaking but can not see how water could get there without being visible somewhere else. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
robb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6238
We had water in the same area of our 3400RL, found the leak was the water pump mounted under the shower. Had to pull the plastic panel in the basement to repair.
Robb
robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
you might take a look in the pantry there is a light tan or grey plastic cover behind it is the water lines to your shower watch them when the shower is on bet you have one leaking just a guess on my part don't know what model you have mine is a 3400 and that was my fix good luck if I can be of any help just pm me
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
If you notice the leak soon after you've used your black tank flush, it may be the vacuum break leaking. Not sure where yours is located but mine is behind the shower.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Hi I had a leak when i flush my black tank it was the vacuum break. I had to cut a hole in the wall in the cabinet to get to it. Their was allready a hole in the wall but I couldn't get to the vacuum break. We are full time so I couldn't take it to the dealer to be fixed,does any one no wheir I can get a vacuum break. I have a 2007 3400 RL .
Dont is offline   Reply With Quote