Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2006, 03:03 AM   #1
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Understanding SURROUND SOUND

I have having trouble understanding the surround sound in our Mountaineer. The rig has speakers in the bedroom, living room and above the main TV.

On FM RADIO we get sound on all speakers.
DVD- Only the speakers above the TV ( 3 small ) NOTHING in BR, of LV
Music CD- Same as above
TV – same as DVD,CD

I understand that ONLY SURROUND SOUND DVD,CD MEDIA will be heard in TRUE SURROUND SOUND, but……….

Should I not at least hear MUSIC from all speakers ( Bedroom & Living Room

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I get sound from all 5 speakers plus the sub woofer up in the cupboard in the living room for all music choices. You can also have the music in your bedroom speakers as well if you select that option. You must have some type of problem. Good Luck getting it sorted out.

On Edit, make sure your balance or fade is not set wrong.

Don & Donna
Vancouver Island
2005 Ford F350 V10 Lariat CC 4x4 LB SRW 11200 GVWR
2006 Montana 2955RL
click on the little pic to see a big pic
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
The surrond in my 319BHD came wired all wrong the speakers even sounded like they were bad. I bought a MAXELL DVD lend cleaner and it told me where I had to move the wires. Still no FM AM reception, but I have a boom box and like that better then the 12 volt radios that were in here (and they told me I had to take like it or not) in the first place. As to the bed room speakers I had no sound and now that the wires are disconnected none but who wants to here tv in the bedroom when it's not the tv your watching.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
My last message didn't get posted. Probably something I did - or didn't do... It would be great if someone would volunteer to do a little instructional seminar at the Rally on this surround sound system.

I have spent a month trying to figure it out (first time for me with surround sound). Finally figured out how to "test" the speakers yesterday. Found out two of the five had wires off. One was a semi-easy fix (subwoofer), then other was not. Couldn't get the TV out w/o removing the fireplace, so had to cut a hole in the thin shelf under the flimsy plastic holder for the Quest player to reach in behind for the wire for the FR speaker.

Still having high/low volume problems on surround sound (DVD)...

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:25 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm ..ours worked perfectly in all modes..There must have actually been a skilled craftsman on the job that day...

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #6
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Rodney, ours doesn't work correctly either. When we play a DVD the only sound we get is from the overhead speakers in the living area. The subwoofer has never worked in any mode. I checked the wires and everything is hooked up to the back of the unit....I ran the speaker sound test like instructed in the paperwork and it seemed to work correctly....but when playing DVD's it doesn't....??? It is on my future to do list when I find some time. As far as the bedroom speakers go, there is a wall switch next to the closet in the bedroom that must be in the "on" position for the bedroom speakers to work. I haven't heard anything good about this system from other posters. I'm thinking if I can't figure it out, I am going to remove it and replace it with something decent. Plus, I don't like the fact that the FM radio is not 12v. We boondock quite a bit and it would be nice to be able to play the stereo without having to hook up the generator.

Me, "outnumbered" by three red heads...my dear wife
& 2 DD's, plus Sam & Taylor the yellow camping labs.
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4
8.1L big block/Allison
06 Mountaineer 319BHD w/Trailair Pin Box
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well we caught the back side of Ernesto today so the Cleveland Air show is out..We did however buy a handy dandy Winegard Entertainment select Video distribution switch Model VS-5312 and will spend the rainy day attempting to sort out that screwy video/ DVD/ FM system in the 3400 into something that really works.

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The Quest 3000 has a "Speaker" button right on the remote that switches all speakers - including the BR ones - on and off right on the unit's digital display. I think the 3000 is salvagable (is this a new word, Sue?). I'd get rid of the 2000 - the subject of almost as many posts as the "remote thermostat" and "dual pane"topics... Might even be more than the dual pane posts, although, the "dual pane" is in progress and could pass the "Quest 2000" posts... Anyone keeping track of this? Anyone care?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ours also works like it is supposed to. AM/FM reception was non existent until I turned on the antennae booster. Might be something to look at if you haven't already done so.

Lonnie
2006 Montana 3000RK, Reciever Hitch for Boat and Toy Trailer
2003 F250 CC PSD, LB, 6 Speed Manual Trans., 4X4, Air Suspension, Husky 15K Hitch
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, where is this speaker button on the remote? I don't see any such animal on ours. We've not yet had much time to learn this system but are taking notes from all you who have been through the wars.

I think the A-B button switches between upstairs, downstairs, and both, doesn't it? Is that the button? Thanks.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #11
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
I cant believe after over a year I finally figured out the speakers. I didnt try very hard but here goes.
Turn tv on and dvd player. On remote bottom left it says function.. hit that until it says Audio 2 and all speakers should be on. great sound...... I am playing CMT right now.... o what a thrill...
Now, also if you want A or B or both you can choose. probably don't want B for bedroom most times.. good luck and PM for more info in you need to.
Diane
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #12
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Hmmm....I should take a DVD movie with me when I do my PDI.
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:23 AM   #13
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
bluegill, another point of interest is the way the cable/satellite/aerial system is configured. Also need a degree to figure out that one. Good luck. We had tech install another outlet outside for our satellite, which should be there in the first place. Interesting that he had to remove the fireplace, tv to work on the system and remove screw that bolts the tv in. Just a point to ponder. Diane
Love the rig though. We have been full timing in it for just over a year now.
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Well, I finally found some time to mess with my surround sound. I could only get sound out of the rear ceiling speakers in any mode...am/fm/dvd, or T.V. since I purchased the fiver. After about an hour of reading the manual and re-doing the wiring on the back of the unit, I now have sound coming out of the three speakers above the T.V. in all modes. Of course I don't have sound anywhere else now... And, the Subwoofer has never worked and still doesn't! The frustration of it all! If I didn't laugh I would certainly cry. At least the D/W thinks it is an improvement at this point so that is a little gratification.
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Hey Campinfool, I'm laughing with ya ,not at ya.
That is funny, That sounds like something coming out of our living room.

Blue
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #16
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Good Job !!! I have yet to DO BATTLE with our SSound, I do do have several hours trying ..... I refuse to wave the white flag just yet
RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
The entertainment system is hard to figure out for me also. I get sound out of the front left, front right, and woofer whenever I am playing the TV, radio, or a CD. Nothing out of the front center or the two rear speakers. If I play a DVD with Dolby Digital, I get sound out of all 6 speakers, although one hisses a lot. Is this normal?
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote