Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
I-80 in Wyoming

Around MM134, 1:30 pm. I was eastbound, you were westbound. You flashed your lights and waved out the window!

Also saw a few others on the road from Salt Lake City to Rawlins, WY. Was it you?

Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Hey Sharon, yep, that was me. I was so excited that someone flashed me, I mean flashed there lights. You are the first one that has done that. I have been flashing lights for the past year and a half and now I finally saw another MOCer flashing lights at me, it was great! We were on our last leg headed home. We neeeded to be in Twin Falls, Id and we did something that I would nor recommend to anyone, we drove for 14 hours two days in a row. We were visiting family in West Virginia and were gone for almost two months, and I needed to be home for other obligation on Wed. We did have a great trip and had no problems with the trailer, except the door latch on the micro broke. Hope you are having a great trip as well.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Hey, thats two recognitions in one week. We're moving right along now.

There was Rickety on Hwy 89 in California, and now this one.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
And wouldn't you know it, Sharon ... you and I slept right through the big moment!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Glad to see that some folks are getting responses to their signals!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Paul and Sue - It's so great to know who you are! I knew you must be a MOC member by the enthusiasm I could feel in your greeting. I know I've been flashing (lights) at other Montanas for at least a year and a half, and it's neat to see a response.

I sympathize with your long driving days. There's no way I could do that, especially traveling alone. I covered over 1400 miles in 6 days' driving, resting for the weekend in Salt Lake City. Arrived at Hart Ranch in Rapid City, SD just before noon today and am happy to be parked for a while.

BTW, That was Sharon Grissom (FireTruckerWife) who slept through the event, not me! I try not to sleep while I'm driving. :-)
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I'm glad to hear you made it home Gypsy.... Doug & I've been wondering. You deserve a rest so break out some ice cream and put your feet up.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sharon, glad to hear you made it back safely. All is well?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Thanks, Doug & Margee. A friend cooked dinner for me tonight, and my feet are about to be put up as you suggested.

Steve and Vicki - yes, all is well. No problems whatsoever with the rig and I managed to find diesel in the unpopulated part of Wyoming 40 miles before running out. Bruises are continuing to heal well, too. Life is good!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #10
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Sharon, I was beginning to think that I was the only one flashing lights. Now I know that there are others out there that get the same response thatI usually get -- nothing. I really enjoy meeting other MOCer, but we don't get to do that very often and the ones that I have meet are the greatest people, right Steve and Vicki? I hope that some day I will be able to attend some of the rallies and meet more of you all. I did talkto another Montana tonigh and he was going right in to the Monty and join, I hope that he does. Back on the road again and making some of the conferences that I must attend in the month of June. Thanks for coming back to me.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Paulrem, if you want your picture to show in the signature put [*img] before the url and [*/img] after the url. Without the asteriks. Email me if you need help.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sharon, I meant have you fully recovered from your discussion with the asphalt at Lake Siskiyou?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:39 AM   #13
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Steve - Not yet fully recovered, but doing very well. I've been kite flying and kayaking with a friend here, and was able to do both without much pain. Then I had a one-hour massage yesterday that hurt a bit during the process, but seems to have helped ease some of the muscles that were tight. I had a good night's sleep and awoke feeling great in spite of the rain that hit the area yesterday (just as we were pulling the kayak out of the water). Thanks for asking! I'm making an effort to stay away from asphalt for awhile.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
So I hadn't heard about you kissing the pavement,hope you are healing well.
Yea I like to have worn my light flasher hand out all the way to Yuma and home but no response.I was beginning to thing it was just a joke to pull on new Montana owners.
Hope you have a good summer we are supposed to be 104 here tomorrow,just right.
Bye now Ray
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #15
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Thanks, Ray. I'm getting better every day. And, no, the light flashing isn't a joke for new Montana owners. But go to a MOC rally and there will be lots of jokes - er, fun! It's a balmy 82 degrees here at almost 6 pm, but it got to 97 earlier today.
Take care - Hi to Di.