Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Papalr
Established Member

M.O.C. #8618
New 2955RL on order no more!

No, we didn't cancel our order. Our unit arrived at the dealers last Tuesday (29th). It wasn't even suppose to come off the line until the 28th. Guess their ahead of schedule or into a major slowdown. Went down there yesterday (Sat)for the hitch installation, Nomad trailer trade-in, PDI, and final payment, but things went south as soon as we arrived. First thing we noticed was the Mor-Ray hitch box not installed, walked inside and noticed the vacumn also wasn't installed. Everything else was perfect and unit looked beautiful! After a few cell phone conservations between the owner and service manager (the owner was tied up at a funeral) everything got straightened out. A vacumn unit was put on order, the Mor-Ray hitch box was available in their parts dept, and a capture plate (pullrite hitch) was ordered from Portland. Everything should be installed by Wednesday and we'll make another trip down there next Sat. We did go ahead and have the hitch assy and plug connector installed, traded in the trailer, and did the PDI. I had printed out the 12 page PDI from this forum, read it through several times and felt very comfortable going into the process. We were scheduled for several hours with a service rep but ended up having him for 4 1/2 hours. We had a million questions and looked over every possible inch (even had a CD/DVD). We operated everything, except for the crank-up antenna-forgot about that one although I did look at the sealant around it's base when I was on the roof. He was outstanding to work with, had correct answers for all the questions and never once acted rushed. The hitch and plug was complete by the time we got done, so he immediately started explaining how the hitch worked, although we didn't actually hook up since we had the wrong hitch box and will go more in depth next week, but we did check the lights, brakes, back-up lights. So after all this shakedown inspection we found two minor items (other than the two major items), one screw missing from a wheel skirt and a little binding on the bedroom emergency window. That was it - I'm sure we'll find more during our shake down trip, but so far we are very impressed and the dealership was VERY apologic about the screwup, even though it was obviously a Keystone mistake, as they showed us the order invoice and both item was listed. So we have to put off our excitment for one more week, but it was sure nice to get to walk though OUR unit. My only disappointment (which is really my fault for not paying closer attention) was the rear receiver. I swore that it was a 2" receiver, only to find out that it's only 1 1/4". We had already bought a bicycle rack for a 2" receiver and will now have to take it back. I also noticed it was only rated for 200 lbs. That about 1 rack and a couple of bikes and that's about it. Oh well, THANK YOU to everyone that offered your support and good advice. I've already learned a lot from this forum and have a few more specific questions that I didn't want to discuss with the dealer, but will address them in seperate topics as there's already topics started.

Papalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations on that new rig!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC Family. Congrats on the new rig. Sounds like everything is falling right into place.

As far as the receiver is concerned 200# should be plenty for a couple bikes. Also there is an adapter available to adapt down from a 2" to 1 1/4" receiver. Your RV dealer should be able to get this for you or any trailer dealer.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new pull toy. Hoping it exceeds all your expectations. Happy RVing......
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Congratulations! I think that is not too bad....seems simple enough for all involved to get a basic order/options correct.

We are taking delivery on Thursday of this week and hope things go well.

I too am concerned about options/extras that we ordered. When I spoke to the Keystone rep he was not too clear on our order.....hopefully the paperwork was clear. Seems they would have a better system!

Wish us luck!

Bill
William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
stargate

M.O.C. #8668
Congrats on the new toy. We are also waiting on a 2599 10th anniversary. I would be very interested in finding the PDI form you downloaded

Happing RVing
stargate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
Papalr
Established Member

M.O.C. #8618
I found the PDI at this link. There are several versions, but I preferred the first one. There is so much info on this link besides the PDI lists. Keep us informed when your new unit arrives. http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html#pdi
Papalr is offline   Reply With Quote