Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Montana_6754

M.O.C. #6754
3075 RL

Hi, We are new to this forum. DH and I are looking at the 3075RL. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? This will be our first RV purchase and we are trying to decide if the Montana is the one for us. We love the floor plan. The only thing I am not crazy about is the fabric door between bedroom and bath. Also we are wondering about the Dealer? How do you know if they are good? We don't know anyone who has used them. They are about 1.5 hrs from home. We live in Northern California (Lakeport) and would like feedback regarding dealers in our area. Thanks

Montana_6754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Rddiner,

Welcome to the MOC. The 3075 has a great layout with lots of open space. Would be a great RV for any purchase, never mind your first.
One of the best things about Montana's is this forum. I'm sure lots of info will follow. We've had our 2980 for 13 months and still love just going out to the driveway, into the unit, sitting in the lounge chairs ( maybe with a cool one ) any talking about the next up coming trip.
Enjoy the forum, and have fun with what ever RV you buy.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:51 PM   #3
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We are on the East Coast so I can't help you with the dealer issue except as you were advised to seek opinions from Forums like this. You might post a qulestion about anyone with experience with the specific dealer on this and other Forums. As to the 3075RL we just got ours last summer and love it. It is only two of us so the size is great. As to that accordian door between bath and bedroom, we only used it once when we had the grandkids with us. Actually you will find a few other things that won't be exactly the way you would like, but they have all been minor items. You really need to look at quality and functionality that best fits your needs. I think the Montana is by far the best quality overall for the price. There are some really cheap units out there so be careful but there are also some other units with similar quality to Montana. Actually if you follow the ownership of RV manufacturers back you find most 5th Wheel trailers are manufactured by related companies. They have high to low end models. Go to Keystone's web site and see what they make. I personlly think after researching for a long time that Montana is the best buy on the market. Good luck in your search. Remember they discount the price quite a bit.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
bob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6258
Good morning we have a 07 3075 itis just the right size for two, there are two items that i would order gel coat & dual payne windows if you have more questions fell free to email us
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Welcome to MOC, glad to have you. We also have the 3075, and as my DW says, love it, love it, love it. We looked at several models and decided that the 3075 was best for us, plenty of room and storage. The only thing we didn't like was not having access to kitchen/living room area with the slides in. I made some changes to the table and now have access. I can help you change the table if you are in this area some time.
As for dealers, we bought ours in Grants Pass, Or. Sales was good and have not needed any service. There is also a dealer in Redding, Ca. that has been there for a long time, know two couples that bought Montys there.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #6
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
The 3075 is a great rig. We just upgraded to an 07 3075 from an 05 2955. The main reason for us is we are both tall and the new Montana has a full length bed so we were able to purchase a standard mattress for it. (You will not like the mattress that comes with the unit - VERY cheap and springy!)
We love the floor plan and actually like the accordion doors in the bedroom. In our 2955 I was going to take out the wooden doors as it would have given us more room in the bedroom.
The other thing I have changed is opened up a door access for shoe storage as you come in the door on the left. The back of the cupboard under the sink was wasted spce anyway.
Good luck with your purchase. Definitely go for the Hi Gloss finish, much easier to keep clean. As other posts have mentioned, there is a huge mark up. Get quotes from different dealers (Have your options decided) and use them against each other. Probably not very ethical but it is a business!!
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Our 3075 was 1 month old yesterday; so far we have spent 4 nights in it. We really like the open floor plan, the three of us can move without getting in each others way. The the three of us being my wife, me and our 80 pound Golden Retriever.

To gain access to the back of the Monty with the slides in we turn the table 90 degrees for travel and then we have access to the frig, stove and pantry. I can't really say anything about the fabric door. We only opened to make sure it works at the PDI.

About dealers this is a tough question; our local dealer is only 8 miles away and we knew 3 people that had used them and recommended them. One couple had even purchased their second Montana from the local dealer just a few months before the time we were shopping. Our experience was terrible with this dealer (Read my past posting if you want the details). We have subsquently learned that the dealership need a cash infusion and took on a new managing partner. So, even a good recommendation doesn't guaranty anything. RV dealers and RV sales people seem to change frequently. I suggest that you think outside your local area. We saved more than $10,000 by buying 150 miles from home. If you know what options you want and if you can, try to shop through the Internet all the dealers in a radius you are comfortable with (100 miles, 200 miles etc.). Over the Internet the dealers can't use their high pressure sales games. Also they know that they are competing with out of the area dealers.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Montana_6754

M.O.C. #6754
Thank you all for your replys. I especailly like the idea of turning the table. We are looking at Reed's Trailer Sales in Petaluma, CA. We live in Lakeport Ca so it is about 2 hours from home. There is an RV show at the Alemeda County Fairgrounds this weekend. Over 100 dealers. Hoping to see other Montana Dealers to see what we can see. I am wondering what % to start offering for the RV I want. Hubby is great as he knows as one Rv'er put it "happy Wife" happy Life". I like that person. We are going to Yuma, AZ in Feb. Going to look at RV world as well before we decide on where to get it.I can hardly wait. Husband has been researching for 2 years now. It is a big investment. We will eventually full time. Still have 8.5 years till retirement. If anyone knows anything about the dealers mentioned feel free to advise. Thanks.
Montana_6754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Re what to start off offering - I e-mailed about 12 dealers throughout BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon and Idaho last October. I listed the exact list of options I wanted. (Mine did not include double pane windows or built in Vac, but did include the hi gloss finish)
Out of all the replies I took the lowest quote to a dealer 1 hour from where I live and he matched the price. When I picked it up, the listed selling price on the bill of sale was $53,269us and I paid $38,469us. This works out to approximately a 27% reduction from list. I personally was happy with that. I did order at the beginning of November and it was a factory order. Could I have done better somewhere else? maybe - but I could have done a lot worse. Good luck with your wheeling and dealing.
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
We liked the 3075 but decided that it was not enough difference over our 2955. So we bought a 3295. I didn't care for the rear door on the 2955.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote