Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Grandson UPDATE Pt 2, Pt 3, **Pt 4**

Your prayers are working.
John is still in critical care but his condition has stabilized.

BUT he's not totally out of the woods. He's still looking at many operations over the next few days so keep the prayers coming.

I did speak to my daughter Dina (John's mother) and mentioned the responses for prayers John received from this wonderful MOC Family. She instructed me to give you all her heart felt thanks but to PLEASE keep the prayers coming.

From the very bottom of our hearts.....
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

ON EDIT PART 2
Spoke to my daughter last evening (Apr 13)
My daughter and Lorraine and I sincerely want to thank each and everyone of the MOC Family for their thoughts and prayers. It is working and we certainly do appreciate it.
John is still in the Trama Unit at Lehigh Valley Medical Center and will be there for many many weeks to come.
When the on scene paramedics realized the grave situation John was in they order a Med Evac helicopter and without discussion had John flown to Lehigh Valley Medical Center. Quite possibly one of the nations BEST Trama hospitals. The care and attention John is getting is beyond belief.
The very first Trama doctors to examine John last Friday told my daughter yesterday that he didn't have a lot of hope for John. Yesterday he was totally amazed that John survived the first night. Of course he was also unaware of the power of prayer coming from the MOC.
Although very heavily sedated he did open his eyes and saw his mother standing there. There is no doubt in my daughter's mind that John recognized her even though he only had his eyes open for a couple seconds.
They are still performing surgery for internal injuries. They did put a steel bar in one leg and placed it in traction but they need to fix the internal injuries, which are many, before they will even consider working on the broken bones.
They did revove part of his large intestine and part of his colon. They are continuing opertating on closing his stomach after much surgery within.
His right leg is broken near the hip and a steel bar was inserted. The other leg is broken near the ankle and that ankle is in very bad shape and will require pins and screws to repair. He also has 2 broken fingers and a fractured hand. He did have a small cut under his chin which took a few stitches. Initially his lips were blue and swollen but they have now returned to normal size and color.
One last thing, Yesterday my daughter had a 3 hour nap. The first she has slept since the accident. She has not left the hospital since Friday.

So we ask once again to keep those thoughts and prayers coming.
End Part 2

ON EDIT PART 3
On Tuesday--
John is still heavily sedated but the GOOD news is they were finally able to address some of the broken bones issue.
They placed a steel bar, about 2' long in his right leg. This is a temporary repair. His left leg had both bones broken and they inserted screws and plates.
They also worked on his internal injuries.
Hopefully they will get to his ankle and hand tomorrow.
Tuesday night my daughter did return home at about 10:30 PM. She has not been home since she left for work at 6AM Friday morning. She was going to sleep as long as possible but intended to be back in the hospital by 4 AM.
She hasn't called since late Tuesday and I am expecting a call within the next couple hours.

ON EDIT PART 4
Good News and a bit of Bad News,
Bad news is John is running a fever. The cause of the fever is an infection. As of Saturday afternoon they hadn't found the infection. I told my daughter not to worry that operating room infections may not be the norm but they do happen and in 95% of the cases they are cured.

Good News--They are taking John off the heavy medications that are keeping him under. In a day or 2 John should be fully conscious and aware of whats going on. The doctors want him conscious so he can tell them of any hidden problems or pians. More importantly he will be able to communicate with his mother.

Hopefully today I'll get a call with even better, greater Good News.

Once again, keep those thoughts and prayers coming. They are some powerful tools!!!!!!
End Part 4

JOHN'S CAR...

OTHER CAR...

NEWSPAPER ARTICAL...
Woman dies in wreck on Rt. 209 in Brockton

A New York woman was killed and a New Philadelphia man was seriously injured when two vehicles collided head-on Friday along Route 209 in Brockton.

Published: Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:13 AM EDT
BROCKTON — A woman died and a man was critically injured Friday afternoon in a head-on crash along Route 209 in Schuylkill Township, police said.

State police Trooper Timothy Keating of the Frackville station said Mary Elizabeth Hoysock, 56, of Endell, N.Y., was trying to pass another vehicle when her southbound black Chevrolet Cavalier and a northbound green Chevrolet Lumina driven by John Russell Miller, 27, of New Philadelphia, crashed about 1#65533; miles north of Middleport.

“She passed at an unsafe time, didn’t see the other vehicle,” Trooper Thomas Cuff said.

The two drivers were the only occupants of the cars that were destroyed in the accident, police said.

County Deputy Coroner Melissa Sommers said she pronounced the woman dead at 3:57 p.m. at the scene. She did not give the cause of her death, saying that is pending an investigation.

Miller was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, where hospital staff said he was in critical condition at 10 p.m. Friday.

Car parts, shattered glass, packets of instant coffee, coins and other items littered the road, shoulder and nearby grassy areas. Lights from emergency vehicles flashed and two helicopters added to the noise following the 2 p.m. wreck, which shook up witnesses.

“As she was passing the car in front of her, the green car was going toward Tamaqua,” said Ed Kane, Middleport. “No brake lights, no nothing, it was just full speed. It was a tough couple minutes.”

Steve Wargo, Tuscarora, also said he saw what occurred.

“The black car went to pass and as soon as she went to pass, she collided head on,” Wargo said.

Firefighters and other emergency personnel worked to remove both drivers from their vehicles while ordinary people stood, watched and hoped for the best.

“I got here right after it happened. I was the second one here. One car was passing the other. Neither one let off the gas,” said Tammy Boyer, Barnesville. “It’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen.”

Keating said Route 209 itself, which was closed for about two hours, had nothing to do with the accident.

“The road’s good. It’s a straightaway, good visibility,” he said.

As he surveyed the wreckage, Middleport firefighter William Miller said it was one of the worst accidents he had seen.

The crash occurred on a section of the highway that has a 55 mph speed limit.

“You can be going 55 and there’s still somebody behind you who wants to pass you,” Miller said.

Emergency and rescue personnel from Pottsville/Schuylkill Haven, Coaldale, Ryan Township and Tamaqua, and firefighters from Middleport, New Philadelphia, Tuscarora and Yorkville responded to the accident.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Glenn, thank you for the update. We are so happy and praising the Lord that the prayers are working and will continue to pray. We are with you and your family in spirit during this difficult time.

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
WOW, what photos. It is a miracle he lived at all. Horrible.

Yep, we are all praying! And, will keep it up.

Glenn and others facing medical situations in your lives. Recently a cousin of mine was also involved in a serious auto accident, and was hurt very badly. Jaws of life to get her out of the auto, several surgeries, etc. The family kept everyone connected via a wonderful FREE, yes FREE, website called CaringBridge.

Can be found here: http://www.caringbridge.org/

You set up a page for your family member, you can post photos, you can post updates, and family can leave messages. There were 4675 messages left for my cousin during her time in the hospital.

You do have to register your email and stuff like that, but, what a small thing to do to be able to leave family notes and words of encouragement. And, yes, you can read the messages left by the rest of the family.

I found it very comforting, and easy to use.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Glenn,
We'll continue praying for John's full recovery.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ditto on the prayers continuing.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thank you for the update. You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Glenn and Lorraine, we've been away from internet access since Thursday, so clicking on your "Announcement" post and seeing those photos was a shock.

John and all of his family are now in our prayers. We hope that every day brings hopeful news for all of you.

Carolyn & Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Glenn and Lorraine, Our prayers will continue. It is hard to believe anyone could survive that.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
thanks for the update Glenn. John is in good hands at L.V. Hospital it's an awesome hospital. prayer will continue.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Glenn and Lorraine,

Our prayers are with you and your grandson, at this difficult time. Glad to hear that he is now stable. Prayer does work!!!

Al and Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
That is scary and we will continue to offer our prayers...

Additional prayers continue (edit part II)

Our vigil continues (edit part III), part (IV)
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Glenn we just read the article you wrote about your grandson. George and I are so sorry to hear this. It is hard to beleive that anyone came away from that wreck. We will keep your grandson and family in our prayers. George & Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
It is such a tragedy when any one dies in a mishap. It is a God send when some one survives such a scene that is depicted in those photos.

On what was supposed to be the luckiest day of the year, 7/7/7, I was doing 45-50 mph on a motorcycle and I was broadsided by a pickup truck. I went 130 feet on the pavement and have multiple scars, but for the grace of God, I am still here, and John is still with us.

Our prayers are still with John and family for a continued recovery.

God bless you all.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #14
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Glenn and Lorraine-- Our prayers continue for all. Please keep us informed on John's condition and how Dina and you two are doing! God will be watching over all of you in this time of need!

Ron and Mary
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Holy Molie it's amazing the it wasn't worst than it was, the vehicle is a real mess. We'er glad there has been improvement, we'll pray harder tonight.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #16
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Glenn and Lorraine,

Our prayers continue.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Thanks Glenn for the up-date. God was surely with your grand son and watching over him throughout the accident. Things can turn around for him and something good can come out of this even though it may not seem like it could. My prayer is for a full recovery for him.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #18
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Glad to hear your grandson is improving - we said special prayers for him at our Easter service.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 AM   #19
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Add us to your list of prayer warriors - we will be thinking of your grandson daily!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #20
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Les has ask your grandson to be added to her prayer circle at church. We are keeping your family in our prayers, as this impacts everyone. God Bless.

Dave & Leslie Hanna
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote