Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Bobby

M.O.C. #11366
slide rubbing carpet inside

I just bought an 06 33ft with 3 slides the living room slide with the dinette and couch on the right side has slightly worn the carpet. I havnt took delivery yet I didnt notice it until after I completed the paper work. I'm suppose to pick the camper up Monday after they do the final cleanup and inspection. I would like to know if this is normal I would not think so, I hope this hasnt ruint the carpet. This is my first 5th wheel with a slide, any one have an idea if this is normal or not.
Bobby

Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Bobby I have a 3650RK don't know the one you have. mine has 4 slides and the living room slide with the two recliners has made a track in the carpet going in and out. I think they have a roller of some kind that makes the mark. I am getting ready for a trip and I have got on my knees and scrubed it with a brush and it looks alot better the DW is proud of me. I have cked on line and I am going to get a set of slide out slickers or go to office depot and get a carpet protector that goes under a rolling chair and cut it in strips. then just lay them down where the wheels roll. JMHO.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
We also had a track mark or roller mark and use plastic carpet runner on each side. We raise up the carpet lay it on the plastic piece the slide glides on and we no longer have marks.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Bobby

M.O.C. #11366
Thanks that a good idea. I've been doing some reading and I wonder if the dealer has used the slides when the trailers not level.
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Depending on the adjustment of the slides, carpet marks where the slides move are pretty much across the board on all brands. Most models, the slide room simply slides across the carpet with the only support being the nylon ramp under the side wall. As mentioned above, Carpet Slickers or similar home made slides protect that area of the carpets.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote