Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Clock mechanism

We bough a battery clock kit at WalMart and installed it in the middle space between the doors at the top of the bedroom cupboards in our 2004 2980RL. Its a natural space and gives us a custom built in look. The clock in the living area above the door as you leave is just a wierd place to have it.

Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
What a great way to use that space! Is it hard to change the battery???
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
What a great idea. I agree, the location of the clock above the entry/exit door is not the best - who cares what time it is when you walk out the door, I want to know what time it is so I know when I have to leave!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We moved our clock the first week, could barely read it, no contrast with the white walls, etc.

We put it on the end of the upper kitchen cupboard, we can see it from the couch and chair, it is easy to read now that it is on the oak color, and in fact, we think it looks realllllllly nice there.

In the spot that Jim is talking about in the bedroom, I hung a cross stitch yorkie (head shot only), fits real nice, a little double faced sticky tape and up it went.

Cheers and happy camping.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by skyguy

What a great way to use that space! Is it hard to change the battery???
It just takes one of those single AA 1 1/2Volt batteries. You just open one of the doors and install it from behind.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:28 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Great idea! Ditto on the clock above the entry door.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
Montana_354
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #354
Dang! You guys got a clock? We had to buy ours. We put it in the exact same place as yours and it works great, but I do remove it (velcroed) before travel just in case with is a pain sometimes. How did you hang yours?
Kalamity

We moved our clock the first week, could barely read it, no contrast with the white walls, etc.

We put it on the end of the upper kitchen cupboard, we can see it from the couch and chair, it is easy to read now that it is on the oak color, and in fact, we think it looks realllllllly nice there.

In the spot that Jim is talking about in the bedroom, I hung a cross stitch yorkie (head shot only), fits real nice, a little double faced sticky tape and up it went.

Cheers and happy camping.
[/quote]
Montana_354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:00 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Kalamity,

Al hung the clock with bracket that came with the clock. Attach bracket to cabinet end with 2 screws. Twist clock onto the bracket. Change battery by taking clock off the bracket. Bracket was attached to wall above entry door when we purchased.

2004 the clock was included in price.

If you are gonna be at the ralley, we can show you.

Cheers,
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote