Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
The long, cold, winter

And before you southern tier folks start chiming in...SHOOSH YOU!

So here in the Northeast, it is always a sad day when the lines are drained, the shelves are emptied and the slides are closed up for the final time till spring. Our Montana, or any of our RV's we've had, have been our ticket to go. Go anywhere we would like within reason being both Tina and I still work.

Winterizing the RV is like a parent taking the keys away from the teenager.. it's house arrest, its WRONG! So wrong! But I digress....

So it gets REALLY bad after the New Year. Then the holidays are over, the hussle and bustle is behind us, and there are 3 months to wait till that first thorough wash and wax, the cleaning, stocking and making ready for the new season. It's a long three months folks. There is a little silver lining though. We start planning. Oh and the planning takes us away...

To warm summer breezes, the rustle of leaves in a light breeze, ripples across a lake surrounded by hardwoods and pines. My reclining Lafuma chair... yeeeessss, and a crackling campfire with a few friends around to discuss everything, anything, or nothing at all. Is there anything better than waking up to a sunrise in the White Mountains of New Hampshire near a lake or pond? Yea verily I say no! There's a lot of things that come close in satisfaction, but none that fill the senses, quiets the mind and relaxes the way that being in those special places!

We had our first snow the other day. I'd like to think the count down has begun. Here is to 2017!

See you out there!

Eric
egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote