Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Solar Installation

Some of you know I have been planning solar for our new 3150RL for sometime. I have finally got it installed and up and running. This was a project I became interested in long before we traded our 2955RL.

After the Quartzsite Rally in Jan it became a must. With several visits to Solar shops this winter in AZ it became clear I wanted to do my own install. I have to admit WorkerB (John) at the Q Rally was an inspiration. And who can forget Robbie & Alice using Solar probably 99% of the time. After reading a lot of threads of other folks who installed their systems and their photos were always helpful, it was time to leap in.

Solar may not be for everyone. It is costly to do a medium to high end system if you DIY or have someone else do it. Some folks use only solar for their power and don't even carry a generator. There is always that issue "I bet you can't run your Air Conditioner". Maybe not for hours on end anyway. I'm looking forward to not going outside early in the morning on a cold day and feeding the Honda. I do like pushing a single button and having AC power.

Here is a link to view my installation: Solar
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote