Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Anyone want some Marathons?

Sadly, I will be replacing all 5 Marathons from my Monty in mid-May.

Someone here mentioned they get used Marathons and use them on their utility trailers.

Can anyone use them? They are ST235/80-R16, LR E (weight rating 3,400lbs). They are about 5 years 4 months old and look great, and still have lots of tread, however that's only on the outside. The RV is rarely used so there is way less than 3,000 miles on them. The trailer is stored on my concrete driveway behind tire covers so there are no guarantees.

Inflation was maintained for the four on the trailer axles and the spare has never been used (all kept at 80#. The tires are free but I will only ask for the cost to prep and ship (have no idea on estimated cost)! I don't know how to do this but anyone willing to pay for shipping and I will learn. Of course, picking them up from my house can be arranged.

If there is a taker they will be stored in my garage on carpet and stacked on one another (I hear this is the proper way to store tires).

Sorry about the short notice, but if I don't hear anything by May 15, they'll go to the tire dealer.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
Art, you might want to try Craigs List? This month I pulled the 4 Marathons off my 2012 Montana with less that 1500 miles. The tire dealer offered $40 each for trade in. I felt I could sell them $75 since they were practically new. Listed on CL and within a week they sold $300 for the set. The guy thought it was a steal, he was replacing them on his 2005 Cougar 5ver that had blown two Marathons and said they were old as why the blew out. He knew very well of the Marabomb nickname but felt the newer tires were better.
F3fifty is offline   Reply With Quote