Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #21
Good Life
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19869
OMG did you not pay attention to the negativity about a Thour POS?

2016 3721RL
Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 AM   #22
jvfrazier
Established Member

M.O.C. #20591
Bobby & Debbie LSUisiana

Good Life,
What is your comment about? What is a Thour POS? Kelly and I are new to this and are looking for advice and help along the way. With your post we are now confused and maybe overlooking something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
John & Kelly
New GMC owner
Almost new 3120 RL owner
Soon to be full time May 2018
jvfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 AM   #23
Good Life
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19869
I have owned 6 rvs, the two I own now are Thor products, the quality and workmanship are the worst I have seen, Montana should be totally embarrassed to put there name on it! From ac problems, frame failure, structure failure, axle failure, wiring issues, only to mention a few!
Once I sell these I will NEVER own anything THOR throws together and puts stickers on !!!
Do your homework plz! POS=Piece Of Dog Drop
2016 3721RL
Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #24
jvfrazier
Established Member

M.O.C. #20591
Good Life, Did you use the MOC PDi check list? Did you buy new and have everything fixed before you removed off the lot? If the first one was so bad then why would you purchase a second one? Thanks for the response as I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Best Regards,
john & Kelly
Old 01-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #25
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Ok - you’ll have fun. Backing takes practice. Get some cheap cones. Find a flat parking lot. Right angle and moving over one space are two good scenarios to practice. Have a spare set of eyes helps but not as much as a simple language you both use. DW and I have an open phone call, I set mine on speaker. Refer to it as driver and passenger sides. Some where there is a thread on MOC that goes over all this.

Getting parked and still be friends is crucial.

So just relax. There should be some good neighbors there to assist if you ask.
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #26
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
All industries are under cost pressures. Some say don’t buy a unit made the last week of the month ... some recommend hire a professional inspector ... the BEST Service I’ve had has been Lippert folks. Stay on the line 40 minutes helping me remember what I forgot about leveling.

Remember the BAD News is published. The Good goes unreported - So the 10000s made, there will be some issues. Biggest hope is you have the right dealer. I’ve changed ... my biggest recommendation might be to get the manuals before delivery, do some you tubes and spend time in the unit before the PDI, but have some one else record the whole event.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #27
adams7806
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18681
Unfortunately, we tend to hear more of the bad things about Montanas than the good. I believe that its just because the folks with issues are more vocal! We have a 2016 3160 and are very pleased with it. Yes, we had a couple issues, but they were corrected while we were still in warranty. I think the biggest thing is to find a dealer with a good reputation. They are your advocate with Keystone.

I'm confident you'll love your new fiver! Have fun and go on many exciting adventures!
adams7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #28
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
John, concur with adams - those that have had issues do tend to be more vocal and who can blame them. The majority of owners here are fairly happy with their rigs - I know we are.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:27 AM   #29
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Well overall we like our C 379RD, however I do say the fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. first trip out and already having screws and trim come loose. There are somethings where you know the designer has never gone camping. 5th on my "must have list" was "easy dumping". Putting that gray dump valve under the slide on the tank that fills up first would have been a deal breaker for me if I saw it before we bought it.

To add insult to injury when prepping it they left it open. and oh yeah I needed a shower after that one.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:31 AM   #30
The Landrys
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21009
Send a message via AIM to The Landrys Send a message via MSN to The Landrys Send a message via Yahoo to The Landrys
Congrats! We picked up a 2018 3121RL last Saturday from General RV in Birch Run, Michigan. It's our first 5er and while towing it home we noticed how much better it handled that our 33' TT. We video taped the entire walk through, got a lesson on hooking up, and unhooking. Before we went home and tried to back into our drive we went to a large empty parking lot and set up some orange cones that where set up to simulate our driveway. The backing was different from our TT, but after a few tries we took her home and all went well. Congrats again on your purchase and enjoy!
The Landrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #31
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Congrats, New members here we are the Orlando’s and we just purchased a 2018 Montana 3120 today with help from Chris the factory rep we will be getting our new unit in approx 4 weeks as it is already headed to Camping World in NJ.

So happy to be part of this great owners club and so excited to get such a quality product can’t wait to use it on our Florida Trip Last week of March first week of April

Anthony & Denise
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #32
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
JV.....Welcome to the Montana family, I am sure you will have many great memories while enjoying your new 5er. We have owned a number of RV's over the past 40 years from different manufacturers. and wouldn't trade our Montana for any of them. This is our second Montana and we were so happy with the quality and workmanship of the first one that we stayed with Montana and couldn't be happier with our decision. I suggest that you disregard the message from Good Life and enjoy your new purchase. There are many more satisfied owners than disgruntled customers, unfortunately, the dissatisfied ones seem to be more vocal.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #33
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
We agree with rmthelen 100% this is are 2nd montana also we have had SOB before and like the montanas way better have had very little problems with both nothing I couldn't fix myself! So instead of bitching & saying that montana's junk sell it and go buy SOB & see if they are any better!

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW crew cab 4x4 LB
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #34
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
I have 3 products from SOB same SOB and had issues, MFG wasn’t very supportive but instead of crying we did our research and bought a Montana.

Deal we got was best we could negotiate and I worked with say 10-12 dealers no one came close for some reason.

To be honest we have talked to many diff ppl owning $20K trailers all the way up to units that cost 3/4 of a Million. They all have issues at some point but Keystone seems to stand behind you.

Contact the factory, someone in product support, it could be your dealer that doesn’t want to deal with your issues as well, I worked with the factory first they they walked us hand in hand with the dealer, felt a lot bettter about our decision this time and this time we have 12 mo bumper to bumper plus total of 3 Years structural so I am confident in the product and Company who stand behind it.

Good Luck
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #35
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
JV - getting the swing of things on the 5er? What new things do you know?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #36
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Congrats on the new unit. We just bought a 2018 ourselves. Like others have said on here make sure you take your time on the walk thru before you accept the unit. Don't let them rush you and even take some time alone with the coach. Take lots of pictures even if you don't see anything wrong. Don't accept the unit until you have every issue on PAPER. More than likely there won't be too many problems but it is a lot easier to get them fixed upfront for sure!
I hear ya every time we do one they want to keep rushing us but we have a good method, Wife goes thru the PDI and learns everything, even though we already know unit, I walk around and check everything from underneath to have everything works, won’t sign that paper until every little thing is detailed and we usually get them to put a fix by date since you only get 12 months to get it done.

I have used McGeorges in CA in the past and they are good about doing all the work before you leave but now they are CW and very different dealership now.

I won’t sign any delivery paperwork until everything is outlined in detail then we usually do a quick weekend trip to see if there is anything else. I honestly do not anticipate many issues with a Montana though but this is a very new model for 2018 replaced the outgoing 3160 and we love this one so much more.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #37
jvfrazier
Established Member

M.O.C. #20591
Hook her up and pulled her home.. Very Heavy and Do not look in the rear view mirror because someone is tailgating me. After about an hour we pulled into a rest stop got out and took a deep breath.. Once we started off again we were like hey this isn't so bad. Wife looked at me and said We Got This.. Just finishing up retirement and will be on the road May 1st 2018. Still have to buy shore power cords and accessories. Outer Banks NC work camping May till Oct then south. Hope to see you out there and thank you all for the help.
Full Timing May 2018
Old 02-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #38
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Congrats on the new purchase. Don't let the negative comments scare you. ALL brands of RVs have their issues. It's just like owning a house, there will always be some things to fix. Good call on the 1 ton dually. You won't regret that decision either!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #39
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Let us know how the road goes -Happy Travels!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 AM   #40
DROMEO
Established Member

M.O.C. #21666
Hey All, new member as of this morning. We (DW) are doing our research as we like jvfrazier have ordered a 2019 3120RL. Looking at delivery between mid-May and the end of May. We are moving up from a 2014 KS Bullet 241BHS TT. That Bullet was (is) a great product (sold to friend that understood the meticulous upkeep of the unit), and was our first KS product with this current purchase being our 4th RV since 2002. Looking forward to the receipt of the new unit. I must say, finding this site has made us both feel a bit more comfortable about the move up to a 5th wheel and the KS brand. I noted in this thread that jvfrazier was towing with a Dadge (yep Dadge) 3500 dually. I’ll be towing with a 2015 Ford F-250 Lariat. Research tells me we should be fine. Thoughts? Additionally, went with the B&W under bed turn-over goose ball and Companion slider hitch over the PullRite SuperGlide 2900, thoughts here as well. We appreciate the helping and friendly nature of MOC; info and knowledge found (gained) already has been a tremendous help. So, jvfrazier, how goes it so far?
DROMEO is offline   Reply With Quote