Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
Our Monty is finally here!

We took delivery of our 3400RL yesterday. The PDI was smooth and Suncoast RV did a good job prepping it. Our service rep was patient and didn't complain as we "nit picked" over the details. The trip home was in the dark and went smoothly except we took a beating on toll$ on the Fla turnpike. Also our last 5er was 28 feet so the 37' Monty is much longer and heavier, but the 2500HD D/A was more than up to the job! The only problem now is sleep since we are so excited to get it on the road we barely slept last night or the night before delivery. The dealers service dept had closed by the time we finished all the paperwork and I needed a 30 to 50 amp and a 15-50 amp adapter. The sales manager went in and got us what we wanted and didn't charge us for it. That was on top of the $25 gift certificate. Overall a decent experience on the sales end of things. Time will tell when I need service. Many thanks to the forum for all the info on PDI's and things to look out for.

Bill and Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How long did it take for your 3400 to be delivered, Our 3400 order went in March 1st and Keystone told us that delivery on a 4 slide unit would be about 8 weeks. How long did it take to get a build date? Since it is still cold around here we do not yet have the camping bug but the camping season is fast approaching and it would be nice to have a camper...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:24 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Nothing like the experience of getting your new rig. Don't worry, the excitement will abate enough for you to sleep. Sure is fun to get going. Your excitement comes through on your post. Congratulations and Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congrats on your new 3400 - it is a great unit. We bought ours when we were living in our previous one so we got to sleep in it the first night! Hope you have lot of wonderful times in your Montana.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
Rich - It did take right at 8 long weeks for ours to arrive. We waited 3 weeks before badgering the saleman for our build date and by then they had a good idea where we were in the assembly line.
We ae planning Easter week in St.Augustine for sure and are trying to get a short shakedown trip in locally before then. The weather here has had a short cool snap but he highs have been in the upper 60's so we are chopping at the bit to get on the road. We spent most of the day settling all of our stuff into the Monty and making a list of items we need. First is a foam pool noodle for the bed room slide-yep! I already tried to bash my brains out...luckily I'm pretty hard headed so just a goose egg no major damage.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Bill and Bobbi. Congratulations on your new Montana. I wish you many years of pleasure with your beautiful new home on wheels. What type of tires have you got? Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Hi Bill & Bobbi. Congratulations on your new Montana. We wish you many happy years with it.
We are awaiting our 3400RL, and hoping it will be in with the next two weeks. How long did your PDI take? Did you find any problems? We have learned so much from this wonderful site. I have sent the PDI checklist to the dealer, along with some additional items I have heard about from other Montana owners.
Let us know how your "shakedown" cruise goes.
Shirley
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks for the info..8 weeks would put it at the end of April first week of May and that's fine with us. We have a campout scheduled with our local camping group the 12,13,14th of May and that should make for a ggod shakedown outing. Sounds like your unit was fairly problem free hope our is the same. Enjoy.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Congratulations you two on the new Monty. Here's wishing you many,,many,,many wonderful times in it.

NOW,, go have fun.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratulations on the new coach. You can always sleep in it in the driveway. If you forget something, you won't have far to go!!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 AM   #11
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
PDI took about 3 hours. No major problems to report. We had some trim on the kitchen island to fix, a couple of screws here and there to put in all the way. Also the sealing job on top of the rear cap and around the top of ladder had small gaps that I was paranoid would lead to a leak.The service tech took care of it right away. There were minor scratches on the trim around several windows that needed a touch up. The tires are the Mission brand that have had some bad press.I will keep an eye on them. Our last 5er had Mission tires and I never had any problem with them. Also we have the aluminum wheels. Our last ones were painted white and the paint was peeling on them in less than 2 years. We have a regular wallmount Duotherm thermostat instead of the wireless one that was so problematic. The surround sound system works great (so far) and sounds good throughout the coach.The dealer had filled all the tanks to check for leaks and operation of the sensor panel. All systems are go. The dealer took pictures of some of the problems found to document and report to Keystone.(also so they get paid for warranty work)Overall I was impressed with the quality of the work in this unit. I'm sure we will find other things as we spend time in it. Last night after loading/arranging stuff most of the day it was cool enough to turn on the fireplace and kick back, enjoy a glass of wine and watch my Gators advance to the final 4. Our kitty loves all the room to romp and explore. Now we have all the windows and cabinets open to try and get the new camper smell to dissipate...Life is good! Can't wait to get on the road...
Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a very good report.Hope ours goes as well..Have fun .
Old 03-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #13
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Congratulations. I sincerely hope you enjoy your new Montana as much as we enjoy ours. Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bill and Bobbi,
Congrats on your new coach, hope it brings you many happy times ahead.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #15
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Bill and Bobbi congratulations. I know you will be happy with your new unit. They build a great unit. When we picked ours up we could not find anything wrong. It's been 6 months and we still have not found anything.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:40 AM   #16
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Bill and Bobbi, Congrats on the new Monty!! I wish you all the bestfrom now on. Happiness and joy!!!!
Rick and Phyllis Trent
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #17
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Congratulations! We have 5 years to go but I am sure we will be ready when the time comes.
Sounds like your delivery went very well. That's great news!!!
(We're jealous - lol).
Hope to see you on the road.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #18
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
Foam pool noodle for the bedroom slide? Tell me more about this please! Where do you put it and why?
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #19
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Congratualtions on the New Monty. We got our 2955RL from Suncoast in Pinellas Park and they have treated us great. I don't know who come up with the foam pool noodle idea, but that person should get all kind of HOOP_RAHS. One of the smartest things I have done. My Dad use to tell me those were bumps of knowledge. What a genius I must be. There are a lot of RV parks in your area. We have visited several of them with our Sampipers Good Sams Club. Enjoy, and keep us posted.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #20
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
Thanks to everyone for their kindness and camaraderie. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the road and campgrounds of our beautiful country.Look for the Florida Gators flag on our pin box that says 1996 National champions. Bill and Bobbi