Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
A wonderful time with the Sreigle's

Steve and Vickie arrived here on Monday and what a time we had, I felt like that I had known them forever . We visited and got to see all the improvements that they had made to their Montana. We was so sorry to see them leave Tuesday Morning.

I just got a call from Vickie and they want you all to know that they are OK and now are in Carson City Nevada for a couple of days before heading out for the rally. I will let them tell you about the trip into Death Valley. I will say that the only time to visit Death Valley is in the winter months.

We have now got to meet padredw,countrygirl & palebluedot and the Wizard and Vicki, now we need to add more to the list.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Linda, it's great to hear about your visit with Steve and Vicki. From what Steve wrote to us, we just missed seeing you last year in Nevada. We'll have to do better next time!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
Mary noticed a Montana pulling into our RV park this afternoon, I looked over and remembered thinking, there sure are a lot of white Ford pick-ups pulling Montanas. At supper time I read this post and realized it could be Steve & Viki. Sure enough here they are in Carson City, we had a nice visit and hope to see them tomorrow. They report that they are A-OK (& clean?).
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'm envious to say the least. We met Steve and Vicki on a number of occasions and have enjoyed every visit. They are one great couple and we look forward to seeing them in Goshen.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:23 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Death Valley, I heard some nasty report on TV this AM that it was 116 there yesterday??? Please don't tell me they were there in that kind of heat??? Vicki hates HOT weather! oHHHH, dear!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Carol, They left a day early because it was 114 degrees, they had no TV,phone or WI FI. It was 103 here yesterday but we have lived here so long that it don't bother us. Sometimes it will reach 130 degrees in Death Valley, In the winter months the RV Parks there will fill up.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Linda, I could do the no TV or WIFI for a few days, but NO PHONE!! Nope, not when you have elderly parents etc.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I just cant do the heat thing 103 or 130 I out a there regardless if I have air or not.

Yes they do sorta make you feel like they have known you forever don they.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hello from Hat Creek, California! It's beautiful here ... and COOL ... 61 right now! The only good thing about last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was meeting Linda and Walt! We had a great time with them ... but seriously question their sanity ... they really like the desert!!!

Our experience in Death Valley (what were we thinking?) is going to make quite a postcard! To give you all the Readers Digest version ... it was HOT HOT HOT!!! We stayed at Panamint Springs (on the west side of Death Valley) and by the time we got set up it was about 2pm, 103 outside and 90 inside. By 5:30 it was 107 outside and we'd gotten the inside temp down to 89.

We left to explore at 7am the next morning and by the time we decided to give it up and go home, it was 1pm and 114. Back at home, it was 107 again and the inside temp was 87. Then, as if it wasn't hot enough, the park's power went off at 4:15 ... when it was 105!!! When Steve went to the office to ask what was going on, the guy in the office said it was time for the monthly maintenance on the generator and they shut it down!!! Steve was furious ... he came back saying "we can be outta here in 15 minutes!!!" We didn't leave then, but we were outta there at 6:45 am the next morning.

What an experience ... way too many no's there ... NO cell signal, NO tv reception and NO wifi!!! But we are talking about going back ... in January of 2008!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts ... Glenn and Don, can you tell I'm blushing?

p.s. I almost forgot (I think my brain was fried) ... after leaving Death Valley, we hightailed it to Minden, Nevada and the RV park where the Rally was held last Fall. While we were there we had a wonderful visit with Bob and Sharon (FireTrucker and FireTruckerWife) and a lovely albeit extremely brief visit with Rex and Mary (Rex&Mary).
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
They turned the power OFF???????????? No backup generator??????? GULP! Like I said, the no tv and no wifi, I could do for a few days visit, but the power off at over 100 degrees, well, nope, as we are not set up for boondocking, that would not be a go for us. Goodness!!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
January will be a good time to go there, Vicki. It is a beautiful place and lots of interesting things to do - IN THE WINTER! We almost hit triple digits here last week so I know Death Valley was hot. Glad you made it out.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
SEEE!!!! thats why you have to take you favorite gen set with you all the time, especally if going to a area like DEATH VALLEY. we had a hot experance in Bakersfield at Ming Lake for the boat drags, 112 and a gen set was manditory or you would die. I cant emagin going to Death Valley and they decide to do monthly maintenance on the generators, when the temp is that high, looks like a realy intellagent RV Park Director. DAH!! Thats probably why he is stationed out there. HA HA. no commen cents or regards for his customers. I'll bet they didn't prorate for the time the power was off either, and made you eat crow too. Well you did have fun with Linda and Walt.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gee, I'm blushing, too! We have made so many friends through this forum and look forward to making more friends in next week's rally! We're currently only about 80 miles from the rally site and are starting to get anxious to get there.

We very much enjoyed the visit with Linda and Walt. And we're enjoying the gifts Linda hand made for us (even though mine involves work!). We also very much enjoyed our visit with Rex and Mary and with Sharon and Bob. All are such nice people. We hope to see them all again one of these days. Sharon and Bob, we'll see you at the rally.

Many thanks to all the nice words.

Don, I have toyed with the idea of a genset but we just wouldn't use it enough. Plus, we don't need the extra weight!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I know what you mean Steve about usage. but boy when you need it in a situation like that it has paid for it's self right there.
Later-- TT2