Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
campgrounds in VA Beach/Georgia?

In March, our children and grandchildren will be meeting us in Disney. My wife and I will be undertaking a 17 day trip from Rhode Island to FL. We were thinking of working our way back, maybe through Georgia or South Carolina and onto Virginia Beach. Any suggestions folks?

captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yeah, I want to follow this thread as well as we also will be heading up the Atlantic coast come spring. I think I know where we will be in Myrtle Beach but the rest is still up in the air.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:42 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We're tentatively planning to spend Jan/Feb in Savannah, GA. Never been there but there is so much history and other things to see and do there that I'm not sure two months will be enough. If any of you come through there in Jan or Feb, be sure to look us up. At this point I don't know which rv park we'll be in. I guess I better start looking into that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
Where will you stay in Myrtle Beach? I've never been there. Is there anything in the area or do you have to be a golfer?
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
We like Barefoot Landing, have stayed there many times. I have heard good things about Pirate Land(or something like that). We stay in th beach area and have had some nice sites where the ocean was in view from the kitchen table.

We are going to be at Holiday Trav-L-Park from the 6th to the 10th of this month. Haven't been to area before but park is reccomended by friends.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:53 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by captbanjo

Where will you stay in Myrtle Beach? I've never been there. Is there anything in the area or do you have to be a golfer?
We are considering Ocean Lakes as we met the owners last year here in Florida. The owner is a snowbird as well and winters at Rainbow Chase near Kissimmee. Or at least he did last year. We also met some of Ocean Lakes regulars at Rainbow.
Haven't played golf in years but iffn I gotta I guess I'll just hafta take it up again. Anybody got a set of clubs for sale? CHEAP? You know cheap as in FREE!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Some real good places to keep on my lists. Thanks for the posting. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:31 AM   #8
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
In North Myrtle Beach is Myrtle Beach Family Campgrounds. Its located on the beach and has cable. We have stayed there several times and like it. It is large with an indoor pool, and resturant.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren VA
2003 3655FL Montana/Ford F350 Diesel
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:07 AM   #9
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NJ Hillbilly

We like Barefoot Landing, have stayed there many times. I have heard good things about Pirate Land(or something like that). We stay in th beach area and have had some nice sites where the ocean was in view from the kitchen table.

We are going to be at Holiday Trav-L-Park from the 6th to the 10th of this month. Haven't been to area before but park is reccomended by friends.

John
John,
You should enjoy your stay at Holiday Trav-L-Park. We were there for two weeks over the summer and really liked the CG. We've stayed at Ocean Lakes and Lakewood and like the Trav-L-Park a lot more. It was a less hectic environment during the summer months than the other two CG’s.

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Here's a pic of the "Supersite" that we had. The CG was pretty empty and it was nice to have some quiet.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote