Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #21
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Ozz,

Give me a little help in understanding your photos. I have an 06 3400 and want to take a closer look myself.

Photo 1: Is the damaged wall area located in the kitchen area in the bottom of the U so to speak? Is it just below the area shown in photo 3? If so, there is a plastic access panel on this wall that I use to access the water heater from the kitchen.

Photo 2: Is this the shelf area that is actually accessed from the living area side, and is it adjacent to the TV slide? If so, there is also a plastic panel on the back of this shelf that allows access to the other side of the water heater.

If my understanding is correct, I will take a look thru both of these access panels to see how well the cabinetry is afixed to the wall, and perhaps can see how well the shelf bottom is supported.

For what its worth, we have been on about 10 or 12 trips in the rig since last November, and carry a printer/fax/copier on this shelf. So far, nothing bad is readily apparent. Perhaps I should move the printer before the next trip?

rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #22
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Every time Sue says "Jim, you better look at this" I get a rash.
Ozz
Ozz, You crack me up.

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, I've not yet checked the structure behind ours, having just read about this. But we did some pretty rough roads in the recent 1400 mile trip and there is no problem in that area on ours. Yet.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:16 AM   #24
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Steve, it looked like they cut the section of panel too small that fits on the 'knee wall' where the propane detector (I think) is mounted, just to the left of the stove. That, and the knot in the small support board.
Problem is, that the panel won't come out without removing the slide, and the island. Naylor will have to fight with this.
Oh, my broken wood support inside my one chair-they called yesterday from the service department,(not Jim) they got in a new mechanical assembly. I asked What about the broken wood? He said "We didn't get any wood".... I told him he better get in the replacement chair I told them to get. He then said to bring the chair in.
I can see that this minor problem will turn into a major pain in the keester. (Hope this is not a forecast of future problems.)
Do you have their E-mail address?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #25
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Sorry, Ozz, haven't gotten back to you, but been under the weather. Our floorplan has an "L" kitchen counter with a cupboard over the short leg of the "L". On the inside it is supported by posts which can't move up or down. The other end of the cupboard was fixed to the wall. The wall slipped down an 1 1/2", so the bottom of the cupboard was 20" above the countertop at the posts and only 18 1/2" at the wall.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #26
Montana_6390

M.O.C. #6390
Sorry for your issues , we have had the same problems with our '04 Challenger, we are waiting on our '07 3400RL to come in . Are there any '07 3400RL owners on here that are very pleased with their unit ? Really having our doubts about giving Keystone a second chance !!!
thanks , B
Montana_6390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #27
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
badhunt,
I absolutely love this 3400RL, I hope that I haven't given the impression that it is no good, there are problems with any unit, I am just critical, as I think that they should make 'em bullet proof.
Not gonna happen.
Get it and enjoy it, you will love the trailer.
Good luck.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 AM   #28
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I'm with OZZ. I tend to look at the Montana like I would a vehicle that cost what the Montana costs...it should be perfect. Unfortunately, it won't happen.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Badhunt, we're very pleased with ours. There have been a few minor problems but that's probably par for the industry. We'd buy another if the need arose. By the way, this is our third Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #30
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
We have had our 3400 since last November and have taken it somewhere at least once a month, and on several fairly long trips.

We have had no significant problems or warranty issues. And we have even drilled a few holes in the the frame, and done a few other things that have been described as stupid. The Monty has still held together nicely.

Perhaps the worst problem is that - just like a kid - it always wants to get dirty.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:45 AM   #31
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Badhunt, I have owned a lot of units including motor homes and you are going to have issues with them all. Anything you pull down the road that flexes,shakes and that that kind of abuse will have issues. You will be happy with the unit. After reading all of the stuff on this forum I purchased a new 3400RL this pass Friday the 13th.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote