Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
Mtroch

M.O.C. #19495
Leak under cabinet above slider

After a really hard rain, water appeared under the fridge and cabinets
Our unit has all this arrangement sitting on the alide ao the rain didn't come under the slide. The other day i took all the drawers out and.against tje back the floor was popped up. Any ideas how this water can be getting in?? Thanks for.any advice

Mtroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
My first thought would be thru the vents on the fridge if you had wind from that direction. Do you have a water line there for residential fridge? I would also check the caulking on the lower trim piece, if there is one, on the slide. Many bedroom leaks have been caused by a bad calking job on that lower trim piece.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yeah I have a similar problem when it rains real hard and the wind is blowing on that side and have tried recaulking the trim checking the slide out seals and cannot find the problem if I pull out the drawer under the stove I can see the water slowly coming out of the bottom of the back wall and I did open the fridge vents and it was bone dry in there SOOO when it stops raining I will get on the roof and check the around the slide up there and if I find anything I will let ya know
Old 03-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
First thought after fridge vents is about the water cup on the backside of fridge (lower vent opening) and is the tubing from inside fridge overflowing the cup? Probably couldn't account for amount you guys are seeing.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
O.K. found my leak it was either the micro exhaust vent or the slide topper over the slide I re caulked both of them and the leak stopped,I hope you find yours
Old 03-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #6
Mtroch

M.O.C. #19495
Thanks for all the responses since i didn't find the leak water accumlated and i think i now have a bit of a problem with the floor under there. No idea how i will get to that though!
Mtroch is offline   Reply With Quote