Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Paid Online Surveys

Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with Online Paid Survey Companies. It sounds too good to be true. You do surveys for various companies through one company who pays you between $20 & $50 for completing a 10-min. survey. You can do as many as you wish per day. Of course, you have to pay $34.95 to join! Is this a gimick? I'm wondering because it might be a good part-time job for travelers or anyone. I personally have not heard of anyone doing this so I can't vouch for it! Just wondering? One company is surveysavvy.com, but there are many others.

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:28 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I have not had any experience with this type of company, but you know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is". If you join, let us know the results, good or bad.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Al and Nita, We already welcomed you to the MOC at the NE Rally, so now we welcome you to the MOC forum.

Gotta go along with DHenry's "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is". I personally would lose the link and spend that 35 bucks on something for the Monty.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Here's a couple of links from a google search:

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/jo...id_surveys.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff144645.htm

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=448432

One article I read claimed that the sites with the surveys are putting sypware on your machine while you take the survey. That's apparently one way they make money or get their own "suvey" information. I have to agree with DHenry and Glenn about this being one of those 'too good to be true' situations. That's just my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I knew it sounded too good to be true! I tend to agree with all of you, just thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure. The web sites posted by you were very informational. Sounds like a big scam to me also. I guess I can put that to rest and go back to my drugery job! Thank you for your input.

Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #6
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
This little bit, this "thread", is one of the greatest benefits of the Montana Owner's Forum. This question and the shared answer may well save several people a large amount of anguish and trouble.

Way to go, Forum!!
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I do a survey about once a month for this one place. I get $5.00. If they send me a product to test, I get another $5.00. Usually though it's just the $5.00 which isn't bad for 15 minutes work.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I have to agree with the above. There is no free lunch. Even when you think about something for nothing they are watching you.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #9
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I tried this survey thing with gozing, they have sent me surveys that is for 1.00 and every time I did one at the end of it this is what I got." WE ARE SORRY BUT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY"So now all surveys go to the trash.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:43 AM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I did it for a short time. All I got was spam. Lots and lots of spam and infected with spyware. Took me awhile to get that off my computer. Took a few weeks to get off their spam list. I still get unwanted spam emai. But not as much as I did.
I have a program that protects me from spyware now and also a "clean" program that gets rid of junk.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:13 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Most isp's allow you more than one email address. I have one address I give out only on sites that require an email address to get to where I want to go. When that one starts getting way too much spam, I just delete that email address and create another. I still get too much at my two primary addresses but this approach helps some and makes me feel better.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #12
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
If you have to send them money then it is probably a fraud. If they send you money it probably isn't. A reputable company will let you work it off. Imagine how many 34.95 checks they get.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Yes, I have 3 email addresses and Don has one. AOL allows 5 email addresses. All of mine have mail controls, except one. Don doesn't have any controls on his.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I do the same thing. It's basically an invite only survey company, but you are guaranteed $5 for a 10-15 min survey. A couple months ago, I was sent an email asking me to forward the email to a few friends that met their criteria (at the time they wanted male between 25 and 45) to invite them to participate in their surveys. They originally advertised via pop-up banners a few years ago, but it seems that they have enough satisfied survey takers that they no longer advertise at all and only do the invite thing. So, if you have a friend that sends you something about "Pinecone Research", I'd say do it.

I would not use any of the other survey companies, especially if they have a glitzy site or any advertising or pop-up windows. Also, any comapny that charges a setup or membership fee sounds fishy. The company I'm involved with has a very plain web site and makes me $10-$15 a month.

Fred

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

I do a survey about once a month for this one place. I get $5.00. If they send me a product to test, I get another $5.00. Usually though it's just the $5.00 which isn't bad for 15 minutes work.

Carol
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote