Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Who is Amps

Amps is our username and we are Jacques and Shirley Ampleman from Ottawa, Ontario Canada.
I am 57 semi-retired (28 years service with the Air Force)and now in waiting for my wife to join me.
It took us a year of looking, visiting, talking to dealers. We eliminated most 5er that we saw but that one day (1 hour out of town)we meet Mountaneer 297RKS at an open house we looked at it on saturday, bought it the next day. Exactly what we had been looking for. It now sits on a quiet lake and will be on the road in a couple years. Lots of trips in the planning process, including buying a TV.
If I have to wait for my wife I might as well be on a lake fishing and enjoying live.
Superb forum, have picked up lots of real good info so keep it up. One day we just might meet on the road somewhere.

Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Welcome Amps!

Welcome to the MOC Forum. I agree with you that this is a great Forum for learning about Montanas. Having access to the collective wisdom of this group makes owning a Montana a lot easier.

Our son and his wife, and almost baby, live in Ottawa. We are planning on a visit towards the end of April. We will probably stay at the Ottawa Municipal Campground. (Unless you have a better suggestion?)

Maybe our paths will cross at some point.

John (presently in the Rio Grande valley at Bentsen Palm Village RV Park, Mission, TX)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Welcome Amps,

This truly is a great Forum. We're glad you found us.

Now we need a Member named "Volts"

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Jacques and Shirley to the MOC.

Living just outside of Ogdensburg in New York we ventured to the Ottawa area many times. We will be visiting the area again this summer, maybe we can get together one day.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I just love those romantic stories, you know, man meets RV and falls in love. Welcome to the MOC and the mad mad world of Montanas. Hmmmm...fishin', huh. It must be tough.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Welcome Amps. We are glad you found our web page. This is the best bunch of folks you could ever share the net with.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:19 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Welcome Amps. We'll be looking forward to your future adventures.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 AM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Jacques & Shirley,
Welcome to the MOC forum and congrats on your new Mountaineer. Always appreciate new members jumping in and introducing themselves. Tom is also retired USAF and recently retired from Delta Airlines. We had our unit a little over a year before we could hit the road for extended periods of time. Have currently been in FL since Christmas and will begin our journey north next week. We are truly enjoying our retirement. Congrats on your choice of units. Enjoy your new wheel estate.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome to the forum amps. Glad to see another Canadian joining in.
Safe travels
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:30 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Congratulations on the new Mountaineer and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and exchange information, as you have already seen. Keep us posted on your adventures - hope your wife can retire sooner than later.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
Not too many camp sites near Ottawa.
You may want to take a look at www.campinginontario.ca and take a closer look.
Here are 3 camp sites just south of Ottawa.
1= Camp Hither Hills
http://www.accommodationsincanada.co...itherhill.html
2= Ottawa's Poplar Grove Camp
www.myvacationtionguide.com/on52a.html
3= Sleepy Cedars Family Campground
no www site for this one.
I have never been to these camp sites. Let me know if I can help further.
Cheers.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Welcome Amps!

Welcome to the MOC Forum. I agree with you that this is a great Forum for learning about Montanas. Having access to the collective wisdom of this group makes owning a Montana a lot easier.

Our son and his wife, and almost baby, live in Ottawa. We are planning on a visit towards the end of April. We will probably stay at the Ottawa Municipal Campground. (Unless you have a better suggestion?)

Maybe our paths will cross at some point.

John (presently in the Rio Grande valley at Bentsen Palm Village RV Park, Mission, TX)
Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Jacques,Shirley This is truly a very useful and helpful site. Look forward to seeing you both on the road.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #13
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome Amps, glad to have you with us.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #14
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027

Welcome to you Amps. Hope you enjoy your new Mountaineer as much as we enjoy ours. Just remember - its never too soon to start adding "goodies" to your coach - even while you are waiting for a tow rig!
Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard! We had an opportunity to see some of the new Mountaineers at a show back in January and were very impressed with them. Beautiful rigs. Hope you enjoy yours. Maybe we'll meet up one of these days. Maybe you can make it to our second international rally near Reno, NV, in October? We had a great time at the first rally.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote