Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Window Awnings

Are the rallies good places to get window awnings? Can a rear window awning be put on a Big Sky, I have seen them on other rear windows. Do you put them on all the major windows? I know that the sun can be brutal at certain times of the year and at certain camp sites. I was thinking about the dining room window, living room window, back huge window and the desk window. As there virtually no windows on the street side other than the desk that should about cover it other than the bdrm... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hi, Ours came with them...
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are still debating the issue of window awnings.. The good news is thay do keep that hot Arizona sun out..the bad news , from what we have seen, is they somewhat obstruct the view out the window.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
What Richfaa said is true, but we got ours anyway from CW and had them do the install. They were able to match the patio awning so looks pretty good. I would vote for them if you have some extra money to spend.......

Carefree of Colorado is another company that makes them. Check them out also......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
For the big window on the rear cap I had a Carefree of Colorado sun screen installed. It goes on the outside and works pretty much like a conventional window shade and it really really does work. Here in Florida the back of our Monty faces South and we get the sun back there most all day long. The nice part about it it does not effect your looking out and yet no one can see in.
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01020603

You can also get snap on or Velcro attached Sun Screens for your side windows. Order them to size and you will hardly know they are there and A lot less costly than awnings.

Window shades on the other hand are not for me as, like stated above, they do severely limit your view.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I also installed the rear window sun shade and simply love it. I don't understand why I waited so long. Glenn was nice enough to show off his last May in Branson and that sold me. I do like the fact you can see out with no problem. The dogs love to sit on the loveseat and look out as the world goes by.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
How is the awning locked in place while travelling? I think I will be adding one of these!!!

Thanks
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #8
minkid
Established Member

M.O.C. #6545
Hi,i found the solution to the awning blocking my view ,being a dealer for rv supplies i looked and decided to try the 30" arms rather then the 18". That leaves the awning up higher,works great.
minkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #9
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
Phil & Cathy,

I roll mine up before leaving. They lock in place when up. You need your awning rod to pull down. It does add another step in our leaving camp checklist but well worth it in gain.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #10
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
On my rear window and to use a roll up window shade by Carefree. The ladder was in the way for a regular awning. As for the other windows. I have shades only on the living room and dining room. They are slide topper that extend out to make window shades. They work well but do block the view some what. If you don't want them out they operate just as slide toppers do.